jug fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by cobra, Aug 8, 2008.

1. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ok you rr guys here is why me and about 30 of us jug fish, now i don't want yall to get all bent out of shape after i tell why we jug fish, these guys are my brothers and we all get along

first of all 30 of us guys have been doining this fishing for 30 years or better.
    it is a once a month thing for us.
    we all meet with our partners we fish with before dark on the lake we are fishing, we all leave the landing at the same time with one boat as the head honcho boat, we go sit our jugs before dark, then jps them, then we take off for the honcho boat. we will have 15 boats all tied up together, then we break out the cookin gear, the jack daniels black, the buds,what ever is liked, then start cooking and sipping, every three hours we take off with our gps (mind you we have one person each boat that doesn't partake and we all wear life jackets) and look our jugs and rebait, then back to the honcho boat for more eatin , sippin and talking about what ever we want to talk about, fishing, deer hunting what ever just having a good time, and we never talk about you rr guys. when the dawn comes we clean our fish, load the boats go home, and the next weekend all the famlies get together for a big fish fry rain or shine, been doing this for long time, if you want to join our group you gotta be a jugger and willing to get along with our group, and we have a vote on a person after two fishing trips:wink:

2. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sure wish I lived closer to ya'll cause I'd sure like to get voted into your group. May have to start something like that around here. Sure sounds like a good time had by all.

3. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yep good bunch of guys, 12 of us deer hunt together down in sc.
    best thing is we all get along, and we like the same thing and that is catching the rr guys catfish lol, but we don't keep the big ones we turn them back for the rr guys so they can go home and brag about the big one they caught, if they will look real close in the right hand corner of the blues mouth they might see out mark lol

after deer season we all get together and take off to santee for a weekend of fishing for the big old blues down there, yall come on down to the canal motel in january and we will show you how its done with rr lol
    :smile2:

4. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Too much "sippin" for me. :smile2:

My liver will thank me later!!! :tounge_out:

5. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    them diet cokes work wonders on a hot night while you try to rassle a big onboard:smile2:

6. rob128146

rob128146 New Member

State:
    Rockwell, North Carolina
    Hey I need to know where you hook up the boats!!! I might want to join you all one nite, since you are sippin' on the water and it illegal now. By the way I will be on duty and I will be bringing my badge and cuffs and write some tickets while you all are having a good time sippin (if it is alcohol) and never the less the tied up boats are illegal now if anyone is going from boat to boat without an emergency situation at hand and you are tied off. If you care to look it up it is NCGS 20-125 and NCGS 20-128.3:smile2::smile2::big_smile:. See that is just what we are talking about... Illegal things. Anyway good luck jugging and hope you are safe and I WILL BE SEEING YOU ON THE WATER!!

7. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    nope you are wrong my friend, not illegal in what we are doing, , couple state pat fish with us you can talk to them if you wish when you get there, but you ain't writing any tickets to this group
    next time we are on wylie i will tell you exactly where we are tied up:angry::crazy:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Man, didn't know that it was illegal to drink on the water? That is ridiculous. I guess I'll have to leave my lucky can of Beast Light at home from now on. I always bring one with me (I think it's good luck:smile2:) Oh well, I guess if some people can't do it responsibly then nobody should be able to do it at all huh?:angry: Typical of the way things are now, everyone gets to be treated like they are an idiot but I guess it may make things safer on the water but I doubt any of the guys that are drinking heavily really care anyway. Nobody's on the water at night to check anyway.

9. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    For the last five years or so, Lake Norman has had an average of 7 or 8 people to die on it's waters per year. 80 some percent of those that drowned had consumed an alcoholic beverage. Also, it is against the law in NC for the boat operator to consume an alcoholic beverage at any time on NC waters.

10. Sunday Money

Sunday Money New Member

State:
    north carolina
    If it is illegal to drink on the water now then i guess the game wardens just liked the people in my boat extra good then. Last year we got checked and my two buddies drank a beer a piece while they checked over all my equiptment but since i hold a CDL license i never partake in the drinking if i think there is even a chance that i may have to drive. I sure havent heard of any new laws saying that passengers on board couldnt drink as long as they had the cans to show making sure they werent littering them into the water. If im wrong yall get back to me on that one, but I wouldnt think its a law if the men in blue themselves saw someone drinking and still sent them on their marry way.

11. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    did yall see that i said each boat has one driver that doesn't sip anything except diet cokes, and that is the same as a dd on the road, so don't get so bent out of shape please!:wink:

12. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you see i sip water and coke while fishing hunting, and having our monthly get together, don't be so uptight about what other people do:wink:

13. cobra

cobra New Member

State:
    north carolina
    man these guys are a bunch of commies, just say something you like to do and somebody here jumps down your throat, like juggin you think the world has ended when that word comes up!:smile2:

14. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    I think we'd all agree that noone should be drinking and driving a boat.

When I searched em, NCGS 20-125 was a law concerning horns and sirens on automobiles and 20-128.3 didn't exist at all. The cat claiming to be a cop looks to have a goatee in his avatar. I's born and reared here in the great state of NC and ain't never seen no cop sportin a fu-man-chu.

15. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    One more small item. I'd be willing to bet you a new cast net that if a boat is anchored or moored, even the operator would legal if he was plastered. Heck, I've even been on boats where they serve liquor by the drink.

16. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...it is a once a month thing for us...."

When and where is the next gathering? I would love to come meet you guys. :smile2:

17. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    :wink:

Bryan, some charter boats serve drinks for sure, but the Capt. of the boat or ship can lose his/her license if they drink while on duty. I think you would lose your cast net by testing the law concerning the operator of a boat being plaster and law enforcement officers not taking action if they came upon the situation on the waterways. Now, if you were moored at a marina with your boat and drinking adult beverages, no body would do anything to you unless you were distrubing the peace. On guide trips I have people who drink adult beverages and it is legal, but I can not and will not partake of any beer or whiskey on the waterways, because I'm the operator of the boat.

18. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    "...couple state pat fish with us..."

What are their last names....I know a few around here. :big_smile:

19. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
  20. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    Bryan, thanks for the news release on the 0.08 factor. Law enforcement has more than the 0.08 factor to work with, such as careless and reckless boating actions, endanger the lives of others, plus a boat safety check, distrubing the peace, plus checking your catch and bait, on and on.

Also, a little unknown fact you failed to find is, that each county in NC has to approve the 0.08 factor for their bodies of water. Did you know that?

Additionally, do you think it is legal to operate a motor vehicle will an open container of beer or whiskey while you are operating it or sitting in the drivers seat on a public road. No it's not, same applies to a boat on the water. Check it out!