Jug Fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by slimer1, Mar 17, 2008.

1. slimer1

slimer1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey guys, I'm new to the site, I signed up a few weeks back then had to have my gall bladder removed so that has slowed me down a bit. I just started jug fishing back about 3 years ago and was trying to see if very many on here do it. I'm also going to start pushing the rod and reel for cats also. Don't know if i'm ready for the mighty Mo yet, it kinda has me a little fearful, but mostly fish truman lake as of now. Was looking for other areas that jug fishing works well on and to see what lakes maybe offer good flatheads on jugs. Thanks Slimer 1

2. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    W ELL SLIMER WE HAVE SOME THINGS IN COMMON. THE 6TH OF MARCHBIHAD MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED SO I KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH. I DO QUITE A BIT OF JUGGING . I MAINLY JUGG TRUMAN LAKE OZARK AND THE MO RIVER. WHERE YOU FROM? By the way welcome aboard hope you get to feeling better. :roll_eyes:

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jeff from another Truman and LOZ Missouri fisherman.

4. slimer1

slimer1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    cat 1979 I can say about the surgery, everyone told me how quick they were back up and going, man what am I doing wrong lol... I 'm from the I-70/ 65 junction area, what about you? Thanks spoonfish

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Welcome. For coming back after surgery you need some rep points. I'll chunk a few at you. Just keep visiting, keep reading, and keep talking and you will get the most out of the site.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome Jeff and glad to hear your recovering. As far as jug fishin goes, they work about everywhere except a fish bowl. Good way to catch a mess of fish but not as fun as a rod IMHO.

7. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome Jeff, this is a great community. I had the gall bladder surgery late last year as well, sure beats when my old man had it 30 years ago...As far a jug fishing Truman Lake is known as about as good as any place in the state for jug fishing. I'll be the first to say it, if you master the craft I hope you will consider CPR for the bigger fish. It's your right to do as you choose but a good day of hard jug fishing can put alot of pounds of fish in the boat. If you are looking to jug a river system the Osage below Bagnell all the way to the confluence is a long stretch of river that has a managable current. It does get low in the dry summers so be careful there. Good luck again and welcome!:big_smile:

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Jeff WEelcome ot hte BOC, wish you luck on a speedy return, maybe my next trip to Truman you can show me a fdew things about JUGGING.

9. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Well jeff i still dont feel the best but i sure feel a lot better than i did. I live down by the current river south of salem mo. :roll_eyes:

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Jeff! I do a lot of jugfishing on the Arkansas River; I don't seem to have nearly so much luck on lakes. The exception to this is at the nuclear plant warm water outlet on Lake Dardanelle, but since there's a current there too, I don't think of it as 'on the lake'. You mentioned flatheads; have you caught many drifting your jugs on the MO?

11. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    Welcome Jeff. LOZ is a good place to jug fish along with Truman. Anyway good luck.

12. slimer1

slimer1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I have only jug fished on truman so far jtrew, but have some friends that do a little jugging on the MO. They tell me the river is a little fast for it there, except for the summer months when the water is low. I haven't caught any flats either on jugs but would like to try. I know one thing though, the sun has actually broken through here and it's making it hard on me looking out there lol. Of course there is water everywhere after all that rain. I hope all the southern missouri members are ok and safe after all the water down there......