Jug Fishing

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Wades39, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Wades39

Wades39 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I enjoy tightlining but here lately Ive started jug fishing and been fairly successful. Does anyone know any body's of water suitable for this? I have good area on the Ross Barnette but would like to have other options.

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Robbie welcome to the B.O.C ,you will find great info an great people on here .You might want to check out the alternate methods threads for your info :wink:

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Robbie. Dickie has pointed you in the right direction. :wink:

4. Wades39

Wades39 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I realized i had posted this in the wrong place after the fact, i usaly pay more attention to detail but i was in a hurry. Thanks for squaring me away i will spend a little more time looking at the forum before i post anything else.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Robbie i was not trying to say anything about where you posted this ,just saw u were a new member an thought you might get more or better info in the other area ,that's all i meant. I was not getting after you if you thought so ,i'm sorry you took it that ways :embarassed:

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Robbie Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. I look forward to reading of your catches.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Welcome to the BOC Robbie The For rivers the Yazoo is one of the best any lake would be good i would try Eagle Lake or up at the low head dam near Carthage good luck

8. stump1601

stump1601 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Hey Robbie I have some buddys that jug fish around the port of Vicksburg and on up the yazoo and they usually do pretty good. I jug fish the Miss. River some and have alot of luck behind the dykes for good eaters and when they fix the dykes it will be better. I went last weekend and took the jugs but the bite has been horrible the past few weekends. I would suggest the Yazoo because it is alot slower especially down towards Vicksburg but you have to watch for the barge traffic on either of these. Good luck.

Stump

9. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Welcome to the BOC. I have been interested in fishing the Mighty Miss. I will be watching for any info you post and pictures of your catches.

10. Wades39

Wades39 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I didn't take it bad, sorry if i came across that way. I was punishing myself for not digging a little deeper into the site before i posted that thread. Sorry it took so long to post i thought maybe i would receive an e-mail if a comment was posted but i see now i didn't have that option checked, Lol, I'm a damn mess

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  11. Wades39

Wades39 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Sorry its taken so long to reply, i apparently didn't have the email option checked for replies. Thanks for the info stump, where can i launch my boat around the Vicksburg area, I usually go down to Grand Gulf to fish the Mississippi but would love to be able to put in somewhere closer. I also noticed a drop in the # of fish the past several weeks in Pelahatchie Bay. I would also like to try Eagle lake as suggested by Pastor E, (thanks). Yall be patient with me while i get this blog figured out, again thanks for all of yalls help.