jug fishing

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kaous, Jun 15, 2009.

1. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    i have never jug fished before and i am just wondering whats so fun about it? I am not trying to bash anyone who does it i am just curious on whats so fun about it. all i've ever done is just fish with rod and reel. Once again i dont want to offend anyone.:wink:

2. big riggin' younggun

big riggin' younggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    its like being able to fish with many brightly colored rods and reels at once.

3. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thats what we do in the heat of the summer. We have 5 or 6 couples that go and we have a good time. We get out on the river and cut up. We park the boats and cook shrimp and sausage. We keep an eye on each others jugs and we don't let them get to far away from us. We have a blast. Nothin like good friends, good fishing and good food.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    Family, friends and good clean fun, thats what its all about.

5. outdoors1988

outdoors1988 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It just fun when you pull up and the jug goes wild. It's just good family fun

6. FirefighterBull

FirefighterBull New Member

State:
    Charlotte Tennessee
    you will know whats so fun about it when you see a jug taking off across the water and when you go to grab it it dives under the water and pops back up out of yor reach its awesome plus good summertime fun just kick back watch the jugs and enjoy life

7. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Jug fishing for me is fun because it is effective..During the summertime its the easiest way to catch some cats..Sometimes they'll hit em where you can't take a break other times you can set them out and relax and fish with a rod and reel while you wait..When I used to go to the camp back home in Louisiana I'd just put them out right before bedtime and pick em up after breakfast..Its just for some people and others just don't like it..Personally I enjoy juggin..

8. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    cools. It sounds interesting. I may have to try it one day! Thanks for all the info guys. really appreciate it.:wink: GL to everyone out there and catch a big one!!

9. slimemaster30

slimemaster30 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    posted by:quadrunner42029

thats how i learnt everything i know about catfish is by jugging but u will get your belly full in 3 or 4 years, and dont be like ever other idiot who gets any kind of bottle he can find and litters them all over the damn lake where ppl get them in there props and stuff at night make some good jugs all same color and style and put reflective tape on them with good strong masonry twine small weight and hook of your choice and never leave them out there, ive had to leave the lake because of bad injurys and storms and i always went back and rounded up my jugs. jugging is fun but alot of idiots make people frown on it by "hoggin" the lake when they have a 300 yd spread out and using all kinds of 20 oz bottles and anything they can find and idk how many jugs i see on badin washed up on shore tangled in a tree to be there forever until someone cuts them free, just my two cents if you gone do it do it right, later

10. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I probably can't add anything that hasn't been said other than try it .

11. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    No argument here about being responsible with your jugs..Here in TN you must tag your jugs with your name and address..It helps a little as long as its enforced..Seems as though every time I go out I get stopped by a wildlife agent or coast guard..No complaints from me though I'm happy to see them out and about busting the bad guys..

12. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    Same here, you are supposed to have your license number on your jugs. It is imperative that you jug responsibly for the future of our sport. No one likes to see abandoned jugs floating around or washed up on shore, always make sure you take all of your jugs and trash out with you and above all have a good time.