Jug fishing in Tennessee

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by TennesseeJugger, Sep 23, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I am a avid jug fisher in Lebanon, Tn. And of course I always take a pole also, I started jug fishing just this past spring and have landed over 300 pounds of Channels and a few flaties. I would like to know what type of jugs other uses and then I will share my idea.

2. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well Don first off you should have posted this in the altenative methods section, you will catch less crap over it and will more than likely get more response. With that being said I have used juggs myself, I made mine out of them swim noddels and pvc pipe wit a piece of rebar inside the pvc so it will tip up.

3. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    I thought that the thread said ALL Catfishing! My bad. I guess that jug fishing is not included in ALL Catfishing! I will post there Thanks for the info.

Fish On!

4. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    I guess it could in here i was just sayong that some guys on here will give you a hard tome because you jug. And by posting here it just gives them a excuse to do so

5. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I make mine out of 2" heavy pvc. Cut it in 1 ft lengths and put caps on the ends. I use an eye in the center of the jug. I originally put the eye in one end of the jug but when it had a fish on it they would pull them under when you tried to pick the jug up, after moving it to the middle the jug dances around when it has a fish on but they can't hold it under.

6. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I just use 32 oz gatorade jugs. Poke a hole in the cap just big enough to stick some mason twine thru. Tie the line inside to a flat washer so it cant pull thru the cap and tighten it down. The other end gets a swivel, and then whatever hook/leader combination I wanna use. Its simple, but it works. Its also cheap, which means i dont feel bad if something happens to one of my jugs (i watch them, but stuff happens).