Jug fishing (HeLp)

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by saltforkcatman, Jul 13, 2006.

1. saltforkcatman

saltforkcatman New Member

State:
    Senecaville,Ohio
    me and my friend are fishing salt fork lake and we are wondering how many jugs 2 guys on a boat are Legally alowwed to use!!!.....i think its six but the laws say if its less than 700 acres you can use six but i think it might be more please give me a hand i need help!

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

you may need to call your local Department of natural resources for this one.

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I don't see why you couldn't use as many as you want, the lake is 2952 surface acres.

4. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any Public lake with less that 700 surface acres you can only use 6 jugs. If the surface acres are more than 700 than you can use as many as you want......

Dont forget to put your Name , Address , and Telephone number on your jugs........

5. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    Last year's regulations had juglines explained with limblines and trotlines which seemed to limit to 50 jugs on lakes over 600 acres. This years regulations does not show a limit on lakes over 600 acres. I just assume that you can have 50 per person as long as each 50 is labled with "your" name and address. You may want to call 1-800-wildlife to be sure.

6. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    on any lake more than 700 acres you can use up to 50 jugs per person is what the DNR told me

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the BOC. Remember I believe there are now limits on the number and size of Flatheads you can keep. I don't know what the specifics are because I release everything, but just giving you a heads up.