Jug Fishing Ft Gibson for catfish

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jugginman, Jun 20, 2006.

1. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    OK, I have bass fished most of my life, and started getting serious about cat fish about a year ago. I can go to Grand and catch fish on a regular basis. But I have never fished Gibson. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. :confused2:

2. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Bobby,
    Years ago, I fished between Choteau Bend and Mazie Landing with fair success. There's not a lot of structure in the lake itself but the banks have a lot of trees hanging over the water and downfall in the water. My grandpa used to put out limblines with real good luck.
    Haven't been there in a few years but hope to do it again sometime.

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Choteau Bend is a great spot during the prespawn to catch catfish on Ft. Gibson. They run up the river and you can do really well in the spring. June though kind of sucks for catfishing in Oklahoma since a lot of fish are in full spawn and don't bite very eagerly. The spawn is winding down and they should be returning to the main body of the lake. The upper ends of the lake mud flats next to river and creek channels would be a good bet this time of year. Good luck

4. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Thanks for the help, I am going to give it a try this weekend. Maybe I can get some slime in the bottom of the old boat.