Jug Fishing @ Clark Hill

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by smackover, Jun 23, 2009.

1. smackover

smackover New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Am thinking about Jug Fishing for Catfish on Clark Hill out of Mistletoe.

Is it too late in the year for this ?

Any tips on bait location, etc

Regards

Smackover

2. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i do not believe it is too late in the year. i have caught fish yr round on jugs. just fallow the fishes pattern deep holes in the day and near by shallow flats at night. in the day time you may have to float your baits right off the bottom or anchor them in the holes. hope this helps.

3. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    No its not too late. My nephew and I caught two nice size catfish using jugs with the line only about 6 ft deep around the edges of the some of the sloughs just above Mistletoe State Park. They were both in the 15-20 pound weight group. Use live bream on a circle or kahl and watch it take off...... most fun I have had in a long time with 8 of them out floating around and all of a sudden one take off the other direction.

Good luck

4. smackover

smackover New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Thanks for the replies and the encouragement.

My son lives in Lewisville, Ga. Near Mistletoe SP.

He and I plan to do some Jug fishing later this month.

Any thoughts on time of day ?

Any advice on catching live Brim for bait ? I assume you use
    pole and cricket ?

Regards

Smackover

5. altamahajon

altamahajon New Member

State:
    Jesup, Georgia
    We always went to the bridge just before sun down to get bait (bream). Just as the sun is setting we put the jugs out about 6-8 ft. from the banks at the drop offs and set back. Wont long you will be chasing one of them. We have had to sometimes wait till midnight before they would bite.

Good luck