juan disqualified

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Sep 27, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    #42 juan montoya was disqualified in sundays kansas pole. Juan Montoya's misfortune was serendipity for Jimmie Johnson, who will start from the pole in Sunday's Camping World RV 400 at Kansas Speedway after Montoya's qualifying speed was disallowed.

Montoya turned a lap in 31.368 seconds (172.150 mph) Friday to knock Jimmie Johnson (172.007 mph) out of the top starting spot for Sunday's race -- only to see his time disallowed because the nitrogen gas pressure in the rear shock absorbers of his No. 42 Dodge exceeded the 75 pounds per square inch allowed under NASCAR rules.

As a consequence, Montoya will start 42nd Sunday on an owner points provisional. The pole is the 18th of Johnson's career, his fifth of the season and his third at the 1.5-mile speedway.

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I know folks are always gonna try but the consequences and cost of cheating in nascar these days really ain't worth it to me...

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thankx for that news Jerm.That team in just about history as far as Iam conserend.I think the best thing that could happen to that whole team is that it gets sold.They have crapped on every driver they have had.
    smokey