Jr Fans

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by billNpam, Jun 17, 2009.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am/was/indecided JR fan but I am having a hard time staying one. I see other drivers everyweek out performing JR and his team. I think I have fell into the rut like many others becoming a JR fan based on the name Earnhart. We all just have to admit that JR is not his Dad. I was on the band wagon like many others blaming Tony Eury but I do not see any or very little improvment since his new crewchief has taken over. What do you think or am I out in left field with what I am seeing.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Read an article yesterday.
    Things are looking way up. That is according to Jr. himself.
    His finish at Pocono wasn't team or driver related it was a mechanical failure in a suspension part.

According to the article Jr.is happy with the change. Crew chief is impressed with Jr.

Give it some time. Hendricks isn't going to let Jr. fail.

3. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I do not think that it is about Hendricks letting JR fail. Week after week I think JR makes small little mistakes that cost him in the long run I do not Blame Hendricks at all I blame JR

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Ever been in a rut yourself? Your whole rythm is off.
    They have changed some things around.
    They didn't just come to suck over night and I'm sure they wont become championship caliber over night.

5. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I understand what you are saying but this is one long rut.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jeff Gordon just came off a long one.
    Who else is in a long rut?
    There are several drivers that have tumbled down the mountain.
    Mark Martin camped in the valley for a pretty good long time.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    We as Nascar fans have to adjust also.No way he is ever going to live up to the hype or expectations.Heck if he won 6 championships and that was it everybody would be on his butt for not passing his dad.Im NOT a real Jr fan but I am totally Hendricks and for me the perfect race would be a 1-2-3-4 finish and I dont care in what order.Even during Gordons long winless streak he was at least competitive a lot of the time.I agree with you Jr seems to make some silly mistakes but I spent plenty of Mondays calling Gordon an idiot/bonehead and I am a Gordon fan.Hendricks doesnt want him to fail but he cant make him win and right now he is totally out of sync but then Jeff Burton isnt burning the track up,how about Hamlin,Kyle has had bad luck also.I dont see him making the chase but if he comes real close that would be a good thing considering the overall season.I would love to see Rick one day just before the start of a race rotate the drivers one car to the left or right just for that race,just to see if it would make any difference.:smile2::big_smile:

8. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I would say that 1 win in the last 113 races is a pretty deep rut. That 1 win last year at Michigan was pure luck that he won it. I don't remember Jeff Gordon ever being in a rut that deep!! I think it's time that Jr. nation realize that the young man is not his father and he nothing more than an average race car driver at best. I think he would be alot happier running the local dirt short tracks around his home on weekends in a late model,and drinking beer in the pits with his buds after the races.JMO

9. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Im a Jr. Fan till the end, jus like any other sport I dont change teams because they are unsuccesfull at the time. I personally stay true to my team/driver.

10. catman37

catman37 New Member

State:
    ohio
    and thats the way it should be! amen brother!

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I've never been a fair weather fan.
    I'm a wolfpacker and a skin to the end.

Some things will never change win or lose.

12. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i dont think jrs heads in the game anymore.just listening to his interviews and hearing him talk it just seems like hes lost his passion,like hes just going through the motions.I also think that jr is a mediocre driver that has been put on some pedestal and its not because of talent.jmo

13. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Funny thing is...no one expected as much from Kerry Earnhardt as they did from Jr

14. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Jr. isn't my favorite driver, but I don't have any reason to dis-like him. I've seen him at different times come from the back of a pack like his tail was on fire and his ass was catchin' in a bad car.....probably like Daddy taught him. And I can't say he's a mediocre driver either because he didn't get where he is on just his fathers' name alone.
    I think Jr. has gotten overloaded beyond his mental endurance capabilities by whatever problems have come to him after Dale died as well as the pressure of being Dale Jr. and the schedule he has to keep for commercials, sponsors and all the other monetary problems he's facing with Jr Motorsports. Somewhere in all this he's gotten burned out and beaten down. What he really needs is time to get things under control and take a decent vacation at the end of the season. Maybe then he can recover the desire to take the risks and use the knowledge he has and his skills to get back in the winners circle. I personally think losing control of DEI to his step mother really screwed him big time.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The boy just needs to hook up with Mac and do a little catfishin.

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said he is overloaded.Most of the people in Jr. nation dont care that hes not his daddy behind the wheel.I think they like him cuz he knows how or used to know to have fun.He will be okay, he may not win a championship.But he will always be "The Peoples Champion".
    smokey

16. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Me too!

Jr. Win List :wink:

Sprint Cup (18 wins)

Nationwide Series (22 wins)

Yep, just an "average" driver. LMAO!

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    18 wins 9 years, heck thats just 2 wins a year.hmmmm? I wonder who is the mean driver for those 9 years?That would be interesting to see how many races he won.For you folks that say hes an average driver. If he is an above average driver will you stop picking on Jr. nation?
    smokey

18. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    He's very consistent..I'll give him credit for that...

19. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Too bad Jr. doesn't feel the same way.

20. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i have always said jr. is a good driver. he is not great. if you can win 1 race a year you are good. there are a lot of guys that would love to win 1 race every year they were in nascar.