JR CHEATED

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by brinley45cal, Feb 16, 2008.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well it looks like JR will fit right in at the hendrick team.NASCAR.COM has said that his spolier was confiscated because it was messed with in a way to give him an advantage.hhuumm the 48 team must be sharing information after all.Yes sir hes a good fit for the hendrick team all right.

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I highly doubt Jr. had anything to do with it, and probably didnt even have knowledge of it until after the fact. The crewchief on the other hand is the one responsible for things like this, the driver is just along for the ride so to speak. How would you feel if you had your car to the shop to get the speedo fixed and got a ticket for speeding leaving the shop? Do you think the cop is going to care that it wasnt your fault? Yeah, your gonna take it up with the shop when its all said and done, and they may even pay ya for it. But you got the blame, you got the ticket, and its on your record. I imagine Jr. feels about the same way. Its not fair to blame drivers when the car is found not to pass tech.

3. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    The way I read it, Was it was altered after it was inspected....Sneaky sneaky sneaky!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I don't feel that Jr had anything to do with any illegal ops on his car. respect for the name and the sport run high here. I believe he proved that last year with the way he politely rode through a terrible season.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have to agree with Barry , Jr. is the driver hes not turning wrenchs !

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    What you have to keep in mind is that this is a game of "We will make the rules and we know you will do your best to exploit the weaknesses in those rules and we will then confiscate your parts".
    The NASCAR rule book is written such that most rules end with a statement to the effect " Or as decided by NASCAR"
    It is very common for parts to be confiscated by NASCAR officials even if they are completely within the rules. If the parts take advantage of some undefined or unspecified aspect of the rule as it is written, NASCAR will sieze the "offending" part just because it is different. They are all about keeping the maximum number of cars on the lead lap and anything that they think may give someone an advantage, even though legal will be taken by NASCAR and kept for the duration of the weekend. I have seen this happen with parts ranging from something as important as a rear spoiler to as mundane as a fuel pump...W

7. PrittyKitty

PrittyKitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    the only reason any one is even saying anything is because it's a hendricks team member... what about all the other raceing teams that cheat but don't get caught????

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well weather its his fault or not hes the driver and chose the team. he will be the one to pay. and if ya cheat and win your in trouble. and all the whining in the world from fans wont help a bit. if he was caught and it was in fact cheating then he pays for it. doest make him less of a man or a driver. he'll be fined and life goes on. and weather hes hendricks or not has nothing to do with it. mark martin was fined a few years ago for being 1/8" low and many more. ony reason people are saying anything is because HE CHEATED, or someone did.

9. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Four years removed from his 2004 Daytona 500 victory, Dale Earnhardt Jr. still doesn't have a handle on the emotions he felt in Victory Lane.
    "You do anything in the world just to get in the Daytona 500," Earnhardt said. "Once you're in the race, there's no feeling like it. Daddy [Dale Earnhardt] ran [this race 23] times, and the first one I saw [in person] was the first race I was in [2000]. It's real intimidating. It's just a crazy feeling to be in that field, let alone win the race. Winning is just pot luck, mainly.
    "You've got to have a fast car, but circumstances and variables throughout the race dictate who's going to be around at the end with a shot to win. I just had an amazing racecar that day. It's an incredible feeling. There's no way to describe it. It's impossible to answer the question on what it's like to win the Daytona 500."
    Despite wins in last Saturday's Budweiser Shootout and in Thursday's Gatorade Duel 150 qualifying race, however, Speedweeks haven't been completely positive for Earnhardt. On Friday, NASCAR confiscated the spoiler from the No. 5 JR Motorsports Chevrolet that Earnhardt will drive in Saturday's Nationwide Series race.
    NASCAR impounded the car after Thursday's practice and confiscated the spoiler Friday morning, noting that it had been modified after inspection in a way that would produce an aerodynamic advantage. Earnhardt was allowed to replace the car's rear decklid and spoiler before qualifying Friday afternoon.
    NASCAR is expected to announce fines and penalties by Tuesday afternoon. The seriousness of the infraction could lead to a suspension for crew chief Chad Walter.

10. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Well the thing is they keep getting caught,not the other teams.And all this stuff about the drivers dont know what they do to the cars is bull.Those drivers know exactly what is done to there cars,they even have input on what to do and what changes to make,they are the ones driving them.Do other teams cheat?probably but the microscope is on the hendrick teams because they have been caught so many times before.

11. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Think what ya want James, but realise this, when you make bold statements on a public forum about other people, you have to take the ridicule along with the support for the statements you make. Personally, I think your statements are a bit closed minded. Forums are alot like a marriage, alot of give and take, and agreeing to disagree. We all get that you dont like Hendricks Racing, alot of us do, so we agree to disagree. Lets let it end there. Enuff said.

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Lets take a closer look at this thread, "Jr Cheated" , This incident took place in the Nationwide series and not the Cup series. Yes, it can be called cheating, but then it is no secret that there are many gray areas in Nascar rules which can be interpreted different from one team to the next. Some teams choose to exploit these gray areas to gain an advantage. When Nascar penalizes them for wrong doing, doesnt neccesarily mean that team was cheating intentionally. Its only then when Nascar clearly defines the gray areas in their rules or change the ruling.

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Walter, I know when I say he or anyone else cheated., I m doing it in a fun kind of way. kinda like stiring the stew.its not cheating ,its being creative and let NASCAR say its cheatting. smokey

14. yadkinrivercats

yadkinrivercats Member

State:
    mocksville,n.c.
    James, it was his Nationwide car. which is JR Motorsports and hendrick.Its the crew chiefs problem Jr. don,t work on the cars he DRIVES them.

15. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    It aint a crime if you dont get caught. I dont beleive jr. did anything wrong and im a stewart fan. The job off the crew is to bend the rules to the limit in order to win. sometimes they bend to far and break the rules. Some are on porpuse some are not.

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The Patriots CHEATED too! Jump on them and leave JR. alone!! :)
    BB in SC

17. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Bill, dont even get me started on them dang cheaters:angry:smokey

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i noticed it was the nationwide. guess he didnt have anything altered tonight. 9th and didnt lead much of anything to speak of. .:eek:oooh:

19. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh I guess Hendrick left all the cheats at the shop today....:wink::smile2:. Pushing the rules to win is just part of the sport, always has been, always will be. NASCAR just makes it a helk of alot harder now to "experiment". Looking forward to a great year of racing...:big_smile: JR for President!!!!!

mike

20. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    WOW i apologize if i offended anyone i really didnt mean to get everybody all up in the air,i was just doing it in a joking manner,i guess its hard to tell that by just typing cause no one can see your expressions and such.I could care less who your favorite driver is thats what makes it fun about it knowing everyone is cheering for someone different.So im sorry if i made anyone mad or offended that was not my intent.