Joyride Gone Bad!! Alcohol Related?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bownero, Jun 15, 2008.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Enclosed is some pictures of a boat that had wrecked this weekend at Johnson Lake in Nebraska. Apparently the passengers received minor injuries from the result of the collision. Thanks God for this. The boat had hit the dam of the lake with such a force that the seat brackets had broken! The boat received major damage from slamming into the rocks at the high rate of speed it was traveling. There was complaints from some of the local residents that there was a boat traveling with no lights on. This happened sometime between the hours of 1:00am to 5:00am early Saturday morning. I'm almost certain alcohol played a big part in this role. The dam of the lake has big bolders of rock (rip rap). Some of these rocks were push away from the collision. These rocks can weigh as much as 2000lbs. (ton) or more. The wreck wasn't reported until 8:00 am. Saturday morning. Not sure how many passengers were on board in the boat. Also I'm not for certain if they were irresponsible adults or teenagers.
    I'm just glad there was no major injuries of worse yet ;deaths as the result of this crash.

The boat is a Cobalt, approx 30' in length. I'm guessing this boat has a price tag of 75k or more!! What a expensive weekend. It took a large crane and flatbed trailer to haul this boat way!!

Keep safe and don't drink and drive on the land or the water!!
    Thanks.
    BOC brother Mark..

Attached Files:

2. michiganwhitetailRLM

michiganwhitetailRLM New Member

State:
    MI
    Hope no one was hurt that badly! If alcohol was a factor, then I'm sure someone is in for a world of trouble. I thank god everyday that I don't drink anymore.:crazy:

3. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Beer and Boats don't work well together.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Boy if the injuries were only minor they need to thank God for that. Drinking and driving is a bad combination no matter what.

Tom

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    im glad i dont drink

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    kinda reminds me of the great outdoors with jon candy driving that speed boat

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m glad to see that nobody was killed but I`ll tell you guys a story about a joy ride in the mountains of Pennsylvania. The school year had just ended and we went north with the family for a week in the mountains. A little ways down the road at another camp there were about 10 kids who just graduated. The kids were drinking and three of them decided to go for a ride, The road they were on has no street lights on it and one of them thought it would be cool to stand on the roof of the car while it was moving. The driver let his friend get up there and started driving down the road and at one point shut off his headlights, that`s when it happened, the killed fell off and suffered massive head injuries and they brought him back to their camp. We heard the commotion and went over to help, the kid was life flighted out of the mountains and died that night. I`ll never forget him trying to talk to me, it was a very sad thing to watch.The driver of the car was taken to jail by the state police on the scene, some graduation party. One dead and one headed to jail and all because of alcohol, this type of thing happens way too often, kids need to realize alcohol doesn`t mix with anything. If this story makes one kid stay away from alcohol then my mission has been accomplished.

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OH WELL. If ya wanna act like a fool sooner or later ya gotta pay the band.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well im sure booze was involved. thats why it want reported till they sobered up. i drink beer and fish on my boat. but getting drunk no! a few, but always keep my head on straight. and the lake i fish is now no wake after dark thanks to another drunk hitting a pontoon with a big boat like this and killing a 80 year old man.:angry:

if you are gonna drink. keep it to a few. keep lights on and horn ready. and back off the throttle after dark. common scense goes a long way. running wide open in a boat like that after dark while drinking with no lights. searves them right. hope there insurence was expired. hit there pocket deep. maybe they will think next time. probably ruined a lot of fishermans nights while they were screwing off. as far as there injuries. thats there problem. play the game pay the price.:wink:

im just glad they didnt kill someone else.

10. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    here on beaver lake in arkansas they had a couple of alcohol related drownings and an alcohol related boat crash with fatalities . it is now against the law to have alcohol on the lake or at any campsite on corps of engineers property.

11. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    If alcohol and stupidity were involved then perhaps there should have been some serious injuries; maybe some broken arms and legs, a severed hand and a couple of eyes out.
    This level of stupidity should hurt and hurt really bad. It should carry some lifelong consequence because I would bet that if they think they got away with it they will act stupid again in the future...W

12. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

You Bas***d, I think he said FASTER> LOL

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

That is a classic scene. lol

I don't think having a beer fishing is wrong. Getting Drunk and Endangering everyone and yourself is Wrong.

It Makes it bad, because I like Ice Cold Beer on my boat. I also have Cold Pop and My thermos of Coffee.

Baring beer from campsites, I might as well stay home.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. i wont go to any camp ground that bans beer. and on gatherings i seen it. so i used a huggie. i dont get out of hand. i have no problems staying quiet.

but after a long hot week i wanna kick back with a cold one. ban it ban me i guess. ill take my $ elsewhere. ban idiots. not beer. proabition didnt work in the past it wont work now.:wink:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Most of the time when I fish its only for a few hours and usually in the morning so I bring coffee or water and iced tea in the summer. However If I fish late at night I'll bring a couple of barley pops along with soda and water. I dont stop and get a twelve pack and suck them down and litter like some people do.

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey if your on bank nuttin wrong with the barley pops but the boat tis off limits-must be nice to be able to smoke a 75k boat......bet it wasnt even paid fer!