joseph got his first fish

Discussion in 'Bluegill Fishing' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jun 10, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well i got my 15 month old a pole. immagine that.:crazy:

and today i set out to get him with my help his first fish. the bluegills were tearing up wax worms so i sat him on my lap and baited up old spiderman pole. :tounge_out:

wasnt long the bobber tipped. and low and behold a nice bluegill. biggest of 20.:crazy: yep. his first fish was biggest of the day. had several quick hits on shad dough balls. no takers though. :angry: so in all around 20 gills. i set on a skillet full of them for me and the boys. we got 13 to bring home. sad though. joes first and biggest. took it off hook. and a slip later he was back in the water.:embarassed: he was ment to live on.

tiler my oldest caught a 15" channel at the same park sat at a kids fishing derby. he ate every scrap. now thurs were all having gills for supper.

link to tilers first 08 catfish
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42756&d=1212873252

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Tell him Congrats and Thank you for getting him started at an early age!:wink::big_smile:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats to you both. Thanks for taking a kid fishin!!

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If ya don't like them pics and story,ya ain't alive.:wink: Thanx for sharein!

5. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    It just doesn't get much better than fishing with the kids. Thanks for sharing! :big_smile:

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm sure he wont forget that trip. Thats awesome.

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Way cool . Fine mess of fish and even better lookin boys. Ya know ya started something you'll never be able to end don't ya:smile2: I know ya hope it will never end:wink:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations to you and the boy's :cool2:. Nothing better than getting the kids involved in the outdoors.

9. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats to the boys and you for taking them! That's what it's all about - no matter if you are tussling with a blue with an e-cat and abu garcia or wearing out bluegills on a spider man rod with zebco reel!!! Now you need to teach him how to use a lip gripper lol!!!

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats from rollo:wink: rollo:eek:oooh:

11. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Taking your kid fishing and him catching fish is the ultimate trip. Thanks for sharing and nice pictures.:wink:

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    well tell the boy congrats! it is so awesome putting kids on their first fish. never get old, does it! i still remember my first fish, also a bluegill, to me it might as well been a world record. thanks jerm.

13. clintok

clintok New Member

State:
    oklahome
    Its best to get them started early, the best habit/hobby in the world!

14. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great experience, it is awesome that you were able to get photos.