Jordan Report

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by laidbck111, Jul 31, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Last night Ken, Cruisenman2000, and I met at Bell's Church Pier and fishing was tough to say the least we did manage one at just over 5 pounds and a couple at ubder one pound. The fishing was was tough but the company was good. I also found out that Ken is being deployed soon to the middle east so I would like to ask everyone to say a prayer for his safe and quick return.

2. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Thoughts and prayers to ken for a safe deployment and return.

Fished Jordan Friday with greggofish caught a bunch of little ones (whites) and a couple nice channels in the night...not much action for the big ones but learned allot about catching and keeping bait (shad) alive and enjoyed swapping fishing stories....

MUCH MUCH thanks to Greg and his brother for the invite and the fishing experience...Greg emulates what the BOC represents and the BOC should be proud to have GREG as a member. :big_smile_2:

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thanks for your reply. He seems like a nice guy and is a very serious fisherman.

4. dunno

dunno New Member

State:
    nc
    yea i had about same luck on friday. Just one white cat just a little over 5 pounds.

5. john barber

john barber New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey will say a prayer for him hope he makes it back soon

6. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey all... thanks for the prayers, i haven't left yet, so there is still some fishing to be done... i will be working alot during the next few weeks, so this weekend may be the last weekend i get to fish until my return... i will be back at the beginning of 2007, but i'll try to stay active on the boards when i'm gone, don't know how much i'll be able to surf the web... i'm going to be fishing jordan hard this weekend so long as i don't have to work... sounds like there are a couple of people here that fished jordan this past weekend with the same luck... but i'm thinking that if we can get a few BOC members fishing the same area, the fishing might be a bit better, but besides the fact of slow fishing, the company was great... i love meeting new people, and i have to say i had a blast hanging out with benji... i sure wish that the fishing would have been a bit better, cause then both of us would have been out the next night... lol... sorry if i'm rambling a bit, a little tired, just got home from work... but i do have to get going... time for supper, a shower, and bed... i'll let yall know if i will be up there this weekend or not, if i am it would be great for some of ya to come out to the peir and hang out and fish for a while... i would love to meet some of you guys before leaving town... if you need directions to the peir give me a pm.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I am game, anyone else interested? A get together before Ken leaves.

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    yea, I might be interested.

Sounds like you guys are fishing from the shore, maybe we could get a few members who have boats who might be able to fit an extra member or two on...

I have a 19' center console and usually fish with two other people but might have room for one more....

9. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Anyone is welcome to come fish in our boat on Gaston Lake, only room for one more person though. We are catching nice Blue's right now.

10. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey guys... its on for this weekend... i don't know what time i will be getting off of work fri. night, but i will prolly be heading up there after work... i'm also going to be there sat. night into sat. morning, and sat. evening till bout 1 a.m. sunday morning... this is the last weekend that i have to fish... all the rest of my spare time will be getting everything into storage and working... i have a weekend set aside, the 19th and 20th that some close friends and i are going out to carolina beach to party it up and to do some shark fishing for the weekend before we all leave... but that is going to be more just having fun than anything else.

i've been fishing off of the peir up at bell's church at jordan lake... plenty of room to accomodate everyone that would want to go, if we are going to go out in boats, we would have to plan ahead and its already thursday night... lol... so needless to say, i'll prolly be on the peir... and if anyone comes out, you can't miss me... you'll see a little red toyota celica with stickers all over it in the parking area, and you'll see me down on the peir with tiki torches and huge 4" chem sticks on at least one of my rods... and i'll more than likely be throwing the cast net getting shad, can never have enough shad... even on a slow night... lol... but yeah... let me know what ya'll think... i'm going to be mixing it up a bit and trying to be out there some during the day, before the heat sets in... i'll be staying later than normal, and getting there earlier than normal... well.. i'll talk to yall later.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I might come down after work also. It would be around midnight before I got there and I wouldn't be able to stay very long a couple of hours max. Let me check with the misses and I'll see

12. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    ok... new info... i'm going to be fishing jordan tonight, but tommorrow night i'm going to be fishing the cape fear at lock and dam #1 i think it is, on the east side of fayetteville... but i will be up there after work tonight... don't know when i am getting off of work yet, but as soon as i do i'm going to the lake... i'll be there till it starts getting hot out in the morning.

13. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Went to Bells Church Fri. night. Fished from 11:00 pm till 1:30 AM. Caught a snag and had to break the line. AHHH, da,da,da,dats all folks.

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Were you fishing the pier are down at the end of the parking? I have good luck on the pier on the right side closer to the rocks. And fan cast out 4 rods with liver, cut shiners and shad. The snags are bad if your casting to close to the rocks are to far out from the pier due to all of the sunken trees and attracters there. I will be there monday night if you want to come down. I like to get there earlier though about 5-6 pm and fish until I am tired.

15. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Yes, I was fishing from the pier, right side. Thought about near the rip-rap but didn't know how far into the water it extended. Fished on the bottom with cut bait (not shad). Tried some spots I brought back from Hatterus last year (gutted and vacume packed and frozen). Man, does them spots ever stink. Not sure about coming up there Mon. Depends on weather. I am definately Not a hot weather type of guy. Born and raised in upstate NY where 85* is considered HOT. I'll PM you Sun. and let you know. Thanks for the offer.

Think I'll get some Glow Sticks and stick them on a bobber so I can see my bait better, or at least know where it is and if anything is moving it. Really hard to tell in the dark.

dick/dwreel

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Hey brother I went out there for about an hour and half this morning and caught 2 missed four. I will be back out there Monday evening if you want to try agian.

17. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I'll be there Mon. evening around 5:30 or so.

18. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Well another night of fishing with good company and bad luck. I met dwreel tonight and had a good time talking but not much luck catching. We did manage 4 if added together might have equaled 2 pounds. I guess the little cold front may have hurt us a little but I still had a good time.

19. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Are yall fishing with shad?
    Whats the bait fellas?

20. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Same here , Benji. Enjoyed the company and meeting you.

Mark: Between us, we were useing Magic Bait,Primo and Blood and Danny Kings. Cut bait,brim, and minnows. Bottom fishing,Benji, and I tried bottom and under a slip float. DK's was catching most of the fish.