Jordan Point

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by DanMan, Oct 18, 2007.

1. DanMan

DanMan New Member

State:
    VA
    Hey guys I'm new here so I hope this all works. I've never fished the river and was wondering if I would have any trouble putting in a 21' center console at jordan point. Also any tips on bait or the fish would be great.:smile2: Thanks for any and all help guy.

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    No trouble. I've seen some really big boats put in there. I think the launch fee is around $5 or $8 though.

Get yourself a map before you launch, as that area can go from 40ft to 1ft very fast.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Russell!

4. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Good fishing from Jordons point up to the dutch gap area,fish the sharp drop offs on the channel the bridge and the bends you will find them.I got bait right off the bridge supports.

5. HookLineSinker

HookLineSinker New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm new also, but have found this to be a great site.

I've fished the bridge area for cats just a couple of times, and haven't needed to go out of site from the bridge for great fishing.

You'll also want to keep an eye out for ships and barges, they have a way of sneaking up on you and the traffic is fairly regular.

As JWFish mentioned, bait has been found close the bridge. Try the south side, up river and on the nearby flats if you are looking for something close by.

I too have a Carolina Skiff, but a whole lot shorter than the one you have pictured (1655). Great catfishing boat as they are really stable. The only complaint I have on mine is it's a wet ride with any chop, but I think that's mainly due to it's size.

Good Luck and stop by if you see me... I usually have a black dog along for the trip so I should be easy to spot during the day.

Mark

6. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice boat, you should not have any problem putting it in an Jordons point.

7. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I like that area. Good fishing up or down stream. Stick with the drop offs and use fresh cut shad.

8. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I plan on giving it a try again there on 11/13.

9. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    What a great day fishing. Went out with a guide. It was a cloudy overcast day. No sun all day. Caught 12 fish, total weight 441 lbs. 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 38, 38, 40, 43, 45, 51, and the last fish of the day (5pm) 61lb monster.....

10. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I see Uncle JIM , put you on some nice fish blacksheep, he called Momma and told her as she cussed him !! :wink:

11. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Those were the biggest fish I will probable ever catch. I am off work again the week after Thanksgiving and do I ever want to go back and try it again.....

12. DanMan

DanMan New Member

State:
    VA
    Wow what a great day of fishing. Hopeing to make it up there next week. I'll let you know how I do if I get to go.

13. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I am going again, 11/27/07..... I showed my sister and her husband the pictures and they wanted to go... I will run the camera and let them catch the fish...... Same guide.....

14. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Well looks like the weather is not going to be favorable for us on the 23rd with the cold front and wind coming in...but the date is set with the guide. I'm trying to get another friend to try Chris with me...sometime in Dec., although I haven't checked with Chris to see what dates he has open. Kind of surprised Chris doesn't have a website up. Maybe I should offer him a trade a fishing trip for a 2 page website.

Here's a pic of Jimmy Weir and Chris Eberwein displaying their winning pair of cats! Not sure what tourney that was, although it is one of the Virginia Catfish Association tourney's
    http://www.virginiacatfish.com/images/2003/PIC00021.JPG

Looking forward to your report on the your trip Alan...good luck!

Jerry

15. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Chris told me he is having a lady make a web site. So in the near future he should have one up and running....

16. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I posted pictures of the 11/13/07 trip in the (New to BOC, First entry weekend report) page #3 thread... I tried to add them here but it would not let me submit them twice.

17. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
  18. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I am still new at this.... Hope to have more pictures from the next trip. (11/27/07..... HOPE EVERYONE HAD A GOOD THANKGIVING

19. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    I went out with my sister and her husband on the 27th of Nov. (same guide) It was warm and windy. Could not fish alot of spots because of the wind but we did catch 13 fish. Both my sister and her husband caught a 42 pounder each and I got a 44..... That was the biggest fish both of them ever caught.
    Great Day

Sorry for the late post

20. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You wont have any trouble putting in at jp.