Jordan Lake?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I'm taking a couple of the kids out to Jordan tomorrow morning (before the wind gets up too much) to do a bit of fishing. What's biting out there right now? Channels? Stripers? Crappie? any recent reports to get us started off in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Also, where should I start looking for shad? I usually get some at the boat ramp, but with the water being so much colder than I'm used to fishing in, should I look else where?

Jon

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Jon,

I've heard some good reports of the crappie being caught up around the 64 bridge, if you can handle the crowd.

Watch the boats and you should be able to see what they are hitting.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Enjoy while you can, Raleigh is getting ready to suck that one dry too.:smile2:

4. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy Jon,
    Anchorpuller is right, try the bridge at Fearington. Also, the crappie are biting at the "Geezer" as well. Shad? I'd hit the sandy beaches. Channels? Try the timber. Stripers? Ask Dirty Dog. He never tells me nuttin'. Maybe he'll tell you.
    Bigwhiskers

5. dirtydawg

dirtydawg New Member

State:
    nc
    Crappie at 64 bridge is what i've been hearing(if u can squeeze in there).Try for shad near farrington boat ramp.Good luck

6. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC

they had lock jaw today...buncha small ones... only 2 keepers...

buncha boats....i wander if anyone works any more:wink: