Jordan Lake

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crusinman2002, May 4, 2007.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    hey yall... headed up to jordan lake here in about an hour and a half... get off work in an hour, 15 min. to the house, hook the boat up and go... lol... i'm putting in at robeson creek, thanks to the advice of some other brothers on here i may be able to bring home a couple of eaters finally... i'll report in the morning after i get back home. i'm also fishing jordan sat. afternoon and night, and then fishing the cape fear sunday... busy weekend... lol

2. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    ok... here is my report from jordan this weekend... ended up stayin up near the 64 bridge, cause i had nothing but problems getting out to fish... blew a tire on the way up, then once i got on the water, the fishfinder transducer pulled its screws out of the mounting spot, had to trailer the boat to fix that, then i had a clogged bildge pump (dang leaves falling in spring... lol)... so after all that, i got some shad near the marina, then headed over to the 64 bridge, set the trotline north of the left bridge 30 feet out from the rocks... wind and current kept pushin me up to the rocks, so it took a bit to get the line out... crappie fished on the south side of the bridge to no luck... by the time it was all done and we had to start packin up, the trotline had been in the water an hour, so we ran that and pulled 17 cats out, 2 whites bout 6 pounds, 4 whites bout 2 pounds, and the other 10 were channels from 1 to 4 pounds... not too bad, kept a couple for dinner and threw the rest back... all but 1 of my 50 hooks were cleaned off, and the last one got a fish as i was pulling the line in... didn't go at all sat. cause i had a couple of repairs to do on the boat and the trailer... sunday took me up towards the cape fear at the 42 ramp, only to find the parking area was full, looked like a bass tourney, so i went to shearon harris... the wind was blowin pretty good, and i barely found any shad... spotted a couple of bass in a cove, so i started fishing for them while my cat line was doing nothing, threw a 2 inch shad rattle trap out and started catching bluegill... only 1 bass bite, not a single cat bite... loaded up and headed to the cape fear at the 42 ramp, was near out of gas, so i went upstream to just before the island... was fishing the right side just downstream from a logjam... ended up getting a few crappie off some powerbait crappie nibbles... none were small enough to use as bait, and i didn't have much time left to fish once i started catching them... so i let them all back in.

water temp on jordan friday night was 68 sundown till 3am
    water temp on shearon harris sunday was 70 noon till 4:30pm
    water temp on the cape fear sunday was 75 5pm till 6pm

cape fear the current wasn't bad, wind wasn't bad

3. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Did you go north from Robeson Creek (toward 64 on the Haw River arm of the lake) like Greg was saying? I was wondering if you made it out or not and how you did. Thanks for the report. I'll probably be heading out Friday night. Maybe see you out there.

Jon

4. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    nah, i went north from the ebinezer ramp... didn't make it over to robeson creek... got to ebinezer at almost 10pm, had to go get shad, had to get the trotline out (my fishing partner had never seen one used and didn't believe that it would catch fish), then had to be off the water by 3am... didn't leave too much time for fishing... after all that we only had an hour of actual fishing.. i'm will be up there sat. afternoon till sunday morning, got to work late friday night.