Jordan Lake report?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by crusinman2002, Mar 22, 2007.

1. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    anybody done any good on jordan lake lately??? i'm goin out there friday night if i can and i will definatly be out there sat night. i'll be goin for cats and crappie.

2. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    According to the Corps of Engineers website http://epec.saw.usace.army.mil/bejrept.txt the water temp is up about 3 degrees from last weekend. Lake's still a *bit* high, but coming down.

Where're you putting in at? I'm planning on going out there Sat night myself. We might even bump into each other.

Jon

3. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    puttin in at ebinezer church recreation area boat ramp... will be on the water by 3pm sat. standing at the ramp looking over the lake to the left there is a bridge and i'm goin to crappie fish that bridge till the sun goes down, and then i'm goin to head back to the ramp to try to get some shad that chased the plankton to the light there... and then i'm thinking of going up to the north end of the lake just outside of all the deadwoods sticking out of the water and catfishing the flats up there, or i'll just go back to the bridge and try for some cats there... i'll be in a faded red and silver javelin 366 fish and ski, and once night hits, i'll have a floating crappie light over the side of the boat... hope to see u up there.

4. Ictalurus Punctatus

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Sounds cool. I doubt we'll see each other though. I'll be on the other side of the lake. I usually put in at Robeson Creek and like to fish around that narrow portion at New Hope Overlook. I'm was thinking the other day though that I could take the kids up toward Farrington and keep our eyes peeled for a Bald Eagle or two.

Anywhoo, Good luck and I'll keep m' eye's peeled for y'. I'll be in a 16' Seaark with a little tiller steer motor on it (Hopefully I'll be up on the casting deck fighting the fish of a lifetime).

Jon

5. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    well... i might wonder up that way, i'll be on the lake for a long time... so i may end up seein ya... i'll keep my eyes open for ya

6. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    only 1 catfish bite, but it was only a bite, didn't latch on at all... ended up with some nice crappie, caught the bigger ones in only 4 foot of water, i was hopin to see some cats up on the flats and in the shallows, but didn't get one to latch on at all... the fishing seemed better while the sun was still up, so i think they are still in pre spawn feed... most the crappies were full of eggs, and were takin the bait like there wasn't goin to be anything to eat tomorrow... thats really bout all i got for now... not a single cat... lol... oh... i did get a couple of small perch off of minnows... they were all about 5 to 6 inches long and were in the shallows.

7. Ictalurus Punctatus

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I'm right there with y' brother. I caught a half dozen crappie and a couple of stripers in my casting net. I did immediately release them, but it was good to actually see a fish:tounge_out: . I managed to net a couple dozen shad at New Hope. I got one quick hitter of a bite and that was it too. I was fishing one pole on a slip bobber with shad at 12', one with chicken liver on the bottom, and one with shad on the bottom. Water temps were suprisingly high at 60-63 degrees. Water level still about a foot above normal pool.

Glad you were able to avoid catstrophe this evening

Jon