Jordan Lake NC info

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by papabear108, Jan 13, 2009.

1. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi everyone,
    I read the other posts about stripers and blue cats in Jordan Lake. I didn't have an answer for either one. Although I have spent a lot of time on Lake Jordan I am just now trying to fish it seriously. I am so new to the BOC and to serious catfishing my question is a little more basic. Does anyone have recommendations on where or how to fish for cats at Jordan Lake? I plan on taking my 13 year old son fishing a lot more up there this year. If I can I will offer whatever I learn on here for the guys who are interested. Until then any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brian, wish I could help you out, but I'm on Lake Norman. Welcome to the BOC.

3. screamin clicker

screamin clicker New Member

State:
    Burlington North Carolina
    I grew up fishing there before it was a lake, in the new hope area. I know they say the stripers are nice and and a 10" crappie limit if you catch them to use as bait. Never heard of any blues in there unless they stocked them, living just about 30 minutes from there, I know it has bull heads and channels, sorry I can`t be of more help !

4. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    there is a 20 crappie fishing limit and there is a 6 pound and i forgot the inches for stripers! i fish jordan a lot! but most of the time it is for crappie! i have got my hands wet with some striper fishing and i have not had the chance to fish jordan for any cat's yet. knowing the lake i would say make your way to the deep holes in the coves! there are alot of deep hole around the edges of the lake good luck and let me know how it ends up!

5. CATFISHGARY1

CATFISHGARY1 New Member

State:
    Coats,North Carolina
    brother wish i could help i know theres some blues and flatties in there but cant tell where, i know when ive been up there throwing the net for shad ive caught some small blues and flatties so im pretty sure theres some bigger ones up there i no i didnt throw the net on the only ones in the lake

6. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Brian,

Like a few others have said, I fish Jordan quite a bit. However, most of my fishing there is for crappie or eating sized channels.
    I take my two 10 year olds up there. They don't care what fish gets on thier hook as long as something does.
    I've seen a few boats out pulling some good sized cats in at night there.
    If you are interested in some crappie spots, shoot me a pm.

Attached Files:

7. Tubby Catfishin

Tubby Catfishin New Member

State:
    Ramseur, North Carolina
    Cant say that Ive ever actually fished Jordan from my boat. We did however take a trip up to a NO-MOTOR part of the lake and fish for most of the night. Had a blast catchin channels and bullheads. We fished from 8pm till 4am ........would've stayed longer but the women were gettin tired. If your interested I can tell ya how to get to it. If your familiar w/ Jordan then you probably already know where Im talkin bout. Gonna take another trip back up there this year and try my luck w/ some cut shad and other baitfish. Goodluck out there. Oh yea .......like everyone else has said.........I have heard rumors of some nice Flats and Blues in Jordan...........just so few and far between that you dont hear about them.

8. 07_hemi_thunderroad

07_hemi_thunderroad New Member

State:
    north caro
    thanks for the report on jordan Tubby! i have always wanted to fish the no motor part of jordan but i have never had the chance to do so! sounds like i am going to be planning a trip up to jordan in the spring for them!