Jordan Lake Dam Question

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by laidbck111, Jul 10, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have been trying to locate the Jordan Lake dam and can not seem to locate it. Are there any of you that can point me in the right direction from Chapel Hill Pittsboro area?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Are any other area arond that may hold carp, I am wanting to try them for bait.

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jordan is full of carp and suckers.
    Best bait I've found to use in the lake for bigger fish is shad.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks Mark I thought suckers and carp were the same I have little experience here in NC and I am learning quick thanks to the guys here at the BOC. I found the info about the dam its in Moncure, NC on Water Tower Rd. off of Pittsboro-Moncure Rd. incase anyone else wanted to know.

5. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Benji pm me and I'll give you my phone number or e-mail for the instructions. Its located off Moncure School rd. on Old U.S. 1. A little trickey to find without instructions. If I could copy and paste off my Map Send for my gps I would send you a detailed map. Too complicated for me to attempt tonight. I'll be coming through by Bell's tomorrow on my way from Chapel Hill, I'll check Bell's to see if you are there. You could check a county map or lake map at Wilsonville to see if it shows you good directions !

6. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    benji... i forgot to tell you earlier... i have pulled carp up right off of the side of the peir at bells curch... i got 3 in the cast net that were over 5 pounds... i'm not sure how to fish for carp... all the ones i got were in the cast net... but i know that there should be some there as i put the ones that i caught back, and if those ones were there, more should be there.

send a pm to fishing fred... he can tell you how to get to where you want, he is wise.

7. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Not so sure about being wise but I will try to get you from Bell's church to the dam.
    1- From Bell's go south about 1 mile to hwy. 64 at Wilsonville intersection.
    2-Go straight across intersection on-to Beaver Creek rd..
    3-Stay on Beaver Creek until you come to Ebenezer Church boat ramp on your right ( about two miles ). They are doing roar construction there now. You will see the causeway off to your right crossing the lake just a few hundred yards from Ebenezer. This is Pea Ridge rd. A sign to US1 and New Hope Overlook area is right there also at Pea Ridge.
    4-Turn right onto Pea Ridge and go all the way to stop sign at end.( Be sure you stay on Pea Ridge) This is Old US 1. Should be a new fire department in the right corner of Pea Ridge and Old US 1 .
    5-Turn right onto Old US 1, cross Haw River and go into Moncure. Only a couple of miles. Watch for an old convience store, combination meat market gas station on your right. About the first store or anything in Moncure. Watch for Moncure School Rd. beside the store. Kinda hard to see.
    5-Turn right onto Moncure School Rd. and go a couple of miles to stop sign. You will see signs showing you the Dam area to your right and Poes Ridge Boat Landing straight ahead. Poes has a lot of good area for bank fishing but there is a $3.00 parking fee. See lots of people bank fishing there. Behind the Dam is a nice concrete pier but is always crowded on the week-ends. Nice rest rooms and all in parking area. Free to park and fish. I sometimes use my cast net to get shad there if you can keep it outa the rocks. Have been told there are lots of rocks to hang your rigs on also. Have seen some large cats, hybrids, and even a few stripers caught there.
    Good luck finding it and good fishing. After the first time you can cut a little distance off by using main US 1 ( 4 lane ) but I'm not familiar with what the exits are.

8. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Trust me when I say, there is no good reason to ever go to the dam. I used to go years ago and did great on cats, hybrids, etc......but then the immigration occured.....

We need minute men and bad around the dam.

The folks that "fish" there now pretty much keep any living thing that comes out regardless of laws. They will wade out and throw cast nets for hours on end keeping everything, including shad.

It is a dirty wasteland at the moment. Sometimes I go up there when I have a few minutes to watch the fools. The only thing I ever see them catch anymore are shad and tiny catfish.

My parents live 1 minute from the Poes Ridge boat ramp on the dam road so I am that way pretty often.

Listen to Mark.........Jordan = Shad....period. If you want to mix it up...try live Bream.

Adios amigos.......

9. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    I wasn't trying to sell Benji a ticket or promote the dam area. He had asked how to get there from Bell's Church. If he fishes Bells he is used to crowds. Yes there are Spanish, Oriential and everyone else using the dam acess. I two have seen the cast net thing going on. At one time I would stop by there and net shad before putting in at Poes. That ( crowds ) is the reason I wait and find them in the main lake. The way some of them act irrespossibe with keeping undersize fish, throwing trash around and trying to crowd everyone else out can get to me also. I feel my jungle warfare and old PTSD starting to kick in and I know I am in the wrong place and leave. BUT not meaning anything by it or stepping on any toes, I must have missed the Whites Only sign. However some of them act does not mean that a persons race steriotypes them in any way. There freedom , my freedom and everyone else in the U.S.A. is why I went to Nam and am DAMN well proud of it. I pay the price for that little trip everyday and will as long as I live. Sorry for maybe sounding somewhat negative but not feeling well today and no-one else here to vent at !!!!!!!! lolol Having fishing with-drawell

10. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    anyhow..........all good points except......most of them don't have anything to do with that.. a good percentage are illegals.....nobody fought for anything that has anything to do with them....

Prejudice? I am.....I hate illegals.........sue me..but I hope they get stuck by a catfish :lol: :lol:

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thank you for the directions. The rest of which I will stay out of I have tolerance for all races of people and do not dislike a person because of race are creed. I do dislike people that break the laws and have low to no morals.

12. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks for the directions.

13. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Greg, if you got some kinda big insurance policy I'll sue you and we will split the money. I totally agree with you on the illegals and especially how they can work, pay no taxes, send their kids to school free and expect our kids to learn to speak spanish. Also they seem to get away with things because of no componda or however its spelled. I don't blame them for being here as much as I do the contractors, farmers, and others that allow them to work with no green card and legal registration. IMO they should be be paying taxes and speaking english. But because a person is of spanish descent it dosen't make him bad. You are right, I believe it is the illegals that don't give a d___ and trash everywhere they go. I don't see as much problem at most of the boat ramp areas. Especially Poes where you are supposed to pay to park. For the Orinentials I have finally put most of my pass behind me and try to not let what some did to me effect how I feel about all. I just mostly avoid contact when I can. The FREEDOM I am most glad we have is to be able to speak out without fear of persacution . No on second thought I won't sue you. Maybe one of these days we will see each other somewhere and try to find some big blues on Jordan. I sure know where there are some big ones on The Cape Fear between Raven Rock and Lillington. Have a nice day !

14. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    And why does our crooked as#, and corrupt state government want to cater to these ILLEGALS!!! YEA I SAID AND DON'T CARE WHO I OFFEND THEY ARE NOT IMMIGRANTS THEY ARE ILLEGALS....

NC IS ONE OF THE EASIEST STATES TO GET A DRIVERS LICENSE, THEN THEY TRIED FOR REDUCED COLLEGE TUTION AND THE REDUCED RATE FOR FISHING LICENSE...THEY ARE USING AND ABUSING ALL THE RESOURCES WE HAVE...

THEY WILL NEVER ASSIMILATE THEY BELIVE WE SHOULD LEARN THEIR LANGUAGE !!! FISHING FRED YOUR RIGHT THEY NEVER COMPERNDA.. UNTIL IT'S PAYDAY!!!!

TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY I HAVE TO DRIVE BY THE mexican consulate ON SIX FORKS ROAD IN RALEIGH WHERE THEY FLY THE MEXICAN FLAG ON A FLAG POLE BY ITSELF....HOW INSULTING IS THAT, THIS IS THE USA,AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE HOME OF THE BRAVE AND THERE ARE ALLOT OF MEN AND WOMEN DYING FOR OUR FREEDOM EVERYDAY AND UNFORTUNATELY THE ILLEGALS FREEDOMS AS WELL AND THAT REALLY CHAPS MY AS* BECAUSE THEY WILL NEVER APPRECIATE IT!!!!

I am stepping back down off my soap box ...thank you for letting me vent.
    good day and GOD BLESS!!!!