Jordan Lake Catfishing

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by RPGNC, Jun 11, 2007.

1. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Hi, I've gone catfishing in Jordan Lake a few times but I never caught anything good. I fish from the shore and was wondering if there were any good spots to fish on the lake. Also what type of bait should I use? I also live a few minutes away from the Neuse river, but I've never fished in it, it always looks to muddy, is it a good river to catfish in?

2. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    Here is a spot that rarely lets you down....

It is off Farrington road.....

64 West til you get to the two stores Wilsonville and Habib.........

Make a right at that intersection and go until you are getting ready to cross the lake for the second time. Pull over before you cross the bridge....you will see the spot on the left......follow the trail so your walking on the right side of the peninsula....go to the end.......night time and cut shad are the tickets....throw as far as you can......

Attached Files:

3. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think I pass that spot everytime I go to the lake, gonna have to stop there next time. I normally buy live worms from one of the 2 gas stations nearby, is there any other bait you'd prefer? Thanks for the tips. I cant look at the pic you posted because I dont have 10 posts yet.

4. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    and you can see the picture
    I hope you fish better than you drive.......bet you've never heard that before :big_smile::big_smile:

When I get some time, I'll mark up another good spot or two for you.....

5. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Well I just got my license a month ago so I havnt done much driving around there by myself yet lol. When I drive by that spot there are normally a lot of people pulled over there, hopefully it wont be to crowded when I go. Thanks again for the info.

6. greggofish

greggofish New Member

State:
    Holly Springs, NC
    referring to your name.....and one of the worst nascar drivers....

fortunately you are young enough that most people won't make the connection :lol:

7. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    ya I hear that ALL the time, every time I meet someone new they ask if i'm related to Jeff gordon, or if i'm a nascar driver.:roll_eyes:

8. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I finally talked my dad into going with me tomorrow to that spot, he's knows how to get there, I'll take some pics if we catch anything good.

9. hossdaniels

hossdaniels New Member

State:
    north carolina
    its going to be hard to catch anything much size on worms. Try some cutbait on a 4-6o circle hook and be patient. Worms are good for action but I've had better luck on bigger cats with cut bait.

10. RPGNC

RPGNC New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats one thing i need to get more of...patience lol, we went and fished from 8am to 12pm. We both caught some really small fish, none of them catfish. I cut one of them up and cast him as far as I could, didnt have much line in my pole so it didnt go that far. I got one bite on it but that was it. Its about an hours drive so its gonna take alot to talk my dad into going again lol, but i want to go at night soon.

11. wake4est

wake4est New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I'm headed out there Sat. nite. I hope I find some decent spots, and don't lose too much freaking line on the bottom.