Jordan Lake 4-11-07

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Since nobody wants to buy brick that are laid in the rain, I decide to head out in search of some eatin' sized channel kitties (after all, fish don't care if it's raining, they're already wet:wink: ). I launched from Robeson Creek at around 12:30. I headed for my favorite cove and anchored in about 12' of water. I forgot my casting net, which was a real shame, because I saw some of the biggest shad schools come under my boat that I've ever seen. At times the sonar looked like I was sitting in 2' of water for all the bait fish coming under me. Anyway, I had some shad left over from Good Friday and went ahead with them and a tub of livers. Caught all of my channels on shad under a slip float set at 7'. I had several bites on liver and shad on bottom rigs, but brought none of them into the boat. Water temp was 59 and the elevation was about normal at 216.3. It was, by far, the best outing I've had since I started fishing from this boat.

Jon

2. bubbasmouse

bubbasmouse New Member

State:
    Chesterfield South Carolina
    Thanks for the report.

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey dont knock the rain its job security once the brick gets laid for me.:wink: thanks for the report.

4. Riverdog

Riverdog New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Is there a new fishing tackle store somewhere near Biscoe or Badin Lake? If so do you know directions? Thanks.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    there is gods country outfitters in albemarle thats new. they sponsored the badin and tillery tournmants for the nccats with 150 gift cert. bad news is i didnt get one.:wink: they on hwy 52 going back towards salisbury from 24/27. they in the old k marts building if you remeber that.

6. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    I like a day off every now and again. Wed was cool though. I had a boat ramp all to myself and a lake all to myself:tounge_out: . It didn't even rain that hard over there, more like light showers, wasn't bad at all.

Jon

7. crusinman2002

crusinman2002 New Member

State:
    Mukwonago, Wisconsin
    wish i'd of been able to make it up there this week... but its an hour drive for me to get there, and with work and all its hard to make it up there... goin to santee cooper this weekend, got to work next weekend, and i'll be up there the weekend after that... hopefully they are still biting good by the time i make it up there.

thanks for the report, glad u got some

8. Gram-aw

Gram-aw New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That is a great night on the water. Those kind of trips are few and far between, and remembered for a long time. Thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

9. carolina hit man

carolina hit man New Member

State:
    NORTH CAROLINA
    love jordon lake fished it befor it was filled and hunted it to befor it was a lake fished all the creeks and ponds that are under water now a gess you can say i lived in the lake for years when i was a kid we would drive the tractor to the river not to far from the dam and fish a place called flat rock got tons of fish there and other places to