JORDAN CATSFISH?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by MattTheCat, Jun 2, 2009.

1. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    any body fish jordan for cats? know if there is any size to em in there and if poss best bait and location right now

2. xxstumpxxq

xxstumpxxq New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have been fishing jordan the last couple of weeks and it has been interesting. There are rumors of big Flatheads out there but I have never seen one. Ive been catching mostly blues and channel cats with a couple of white cats in between. The biggest so far was a blue that was between 8 and 10lbs. Fishin with cut bait, bream in 1" strips. Are You familiar with Ebenezer boat landings? Thats where I usually put in. From there go out towards the dam. Theres an S curve before you get to it, and there are 2 good flats I have fished in there. Also there are some good holes towards the Hwy. 64 brige towards seaforth. Look in 15-20 ft. of water. Thats the best I know to tell you. tight lines.​

3. tarheel77

tarheel77 New Member

State:
    nc
    Matt, I went twice this past weekend tried up in the haw, around the dam, and around ebenezer didnt catch anything over 1 lb. Used cut shad and bream if it doesnt get better I dont know if ill fish next weekend. Might try one more place this week.

4. MattTheCat

MattTheCat New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i was hopeing to get better news than that jason. ever fished a tourny where 1st won with 3 pounds , maybe luck up and catch one of those rumored big flatty out of there

5. papabear108

papabear108 New Member

State:
    North Carolina

Matt,
    I have seen large cats that have supposedly come from Jordan, but I have not caught any. Keep in mind that I am a noob when it comes to serious catfishing so I will state for the record that my lack of success is more likely due to fisherman error than lack of quality cats at the lake. The other two posts I have read would be the same places I have heard about. I will add that if you are travelling toward the dam from Ebenezer there is supposed to be a great spot in the large part behind the dam. If you are facing the s-turns the dam will be to your right and the mouth of the Haw will be to your left. The point between the Haw and the s-turns has a shallow area where it drops from 6 feet down to 30(I think). I have heard of some serious cats coming off of that point. But again, I haven't hooked anything over 2 lbs. Another good place I have caught large quantities of eaters is Stinking creek. Go up the Haw from the dam. To your right is stinking creek. The channel through that area is about 12 feet with a wide area of 4-6 feet on both sides. A couple of years back me and a buddy caught about 20 eating size blues and channels in that area. Just look for the bend to the right with a little island near the mouth. Stinking creek winds around and then opens up. Lots of structure near the creek mouth. Good luck.:wink:

Bear

6. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Active Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks for the info i have heard good and bad bout that lake might have to ride up and try it out :wink: