Jon Shein reviews the Native Ultimate Pedal Drive

Discussion in 'Kayaker and Canoe Fishing' started by jeremiad, Jul 9, 2008.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Jon Shein, retired from KFS, reviewed the Native Ultimate Pedal Drive system in this month's Kayak Fishing Magazine. You can check out his review here: http://www.kayakfishingmagazine.net/KFMJULY2008/Native_Ultimate_Pedal_Drive.html

This is a great new product that operates surprisingly differently from the Hobie, as Jon points out. In ways, this is a far better system, but not necessarily in every way; both have their advantages.

For those interested in a canoe/kayak hybrid that can be quietly propelled while providing hands-free fishing, this just might be what you've been looking for!

2. weinerdog

weinerdog Member

State:
    Florida
    I figured it wouldn't be too long before someone created another pedal drive system. I'm loyal to Hobie but think pedaling a kayak is the greatest invention to hit fishing in a loooooong time.

3. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Mike!

It's always good to have another kayak catfisherman on board the BOC.

:0a25:

4. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Would probably work great in water a couple of feet or more in depth but I can see problems in shallow water or if you were trying to fish grassy areas. Those propellers would foul up like a trolling motor and from the description you couldn't raise the prop thru that slot if it was full of weeds.

5. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    kayak fishing is great. A friend and i have cobra fish and dive kayaks which we modified to have a trolling motor and it is steered with foot controls. These kayaks are Oahu, my friend was the main guy working the idea. It really gets alot of looks, catching a sizable fish in a kayak gives it a whole new meaning, im sure you know just a thought mike

6. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    Welcome to the BOC, Mike!

It's always good to have another kayaker aboard.
    :0a25:

7. mordax

mordax New Member

State:
    oregon
    HI everybody, Jeremiad I have a Hobie outfitter and need to know the best placement of the transducer, sounds like your the one who might know. Read your article. I fish the Columbia river and lakes in Oregon and have been reseaching fishfinders, got any suggestions?

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    go to KFS website....Kayak Fishing Stuff... They have links to show how to install about everything....