Jon boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by broncstomper, Apr 17, 2007.

1. broncstomper

broncstomper New Member

State:
    ga
    I love jon boats and homemade fishing items. If ya'll have any pics of your jon boats and homegrown gadgets that make them better, I would love to see them. I have a 14'x36" tracker and its in need of rod holders and probably a few other attachments that i don't know that i need yet.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC, William... I wish I had a jon...:eek:oooh:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    In the winds of change, keep the fire within.

3. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    well im lookin to get one, 10 12' long (not sure how long)with 7hp motor, w/ trailer, i gonna add some PVC rod holders, and put a cheap fish finder on there, i can make u some if ud like but ud have to pay shipping and for supplies, pm me if ud like, i might be able to hook you up to some really cheap rod holders and other great fihsing stuff

4. broncstomper

broncstomper New Member

State:
    ga
    thanks for the offer TX. I make rod holders out of 3/8 rod ,kind of a copy of the driftmaster. I have some out of PVC also, I'll try to post some pics soon. Just need to fit them to the boat. I have a 10' boat and that thing is just to small for me. It would be o.k. for one guy but not two. That's why I got the 14'.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Here's some info that used to be in the library, but I just looked, and can't find it now. Luckily, I saved some of the pics on my computer.
    There are any number of ways you can mount this rodholder to a boat or party barge, but if you weld a short piece of angle iron to a large C-clamp, then mount the rodholder to the angle iron, you can easily mount it just about anywhere on a jon boat.

Attached Files:

6. broncstomper

broncstomper New Member

State:
    ga
    thanks jtrew, keep the ideas coming

7. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have 6 of them across the back of my jon boat mounted on a 1x2 and set about 2' in the air so I can just give them a jerk when those fish are on attack. They really work good for me I just like em up a little.