Jon Boat Rebuild

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by Spills, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, BigBB and I have been working on rehabing this boat we got last year, and I though I would put up some pics, we're getting it painted this weekend. It's a 1976 Lowe, and we have an 40HP Mariner for it as well. Here are some before pics, and where we're at right now... I will put up some others after we shoot this with some paint. Also there is a pic of the first layer of Coat-It that we put on the bottom.

Attached Files:

2. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    More Pics. I'll put some more up next week.

Attached Files:

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    So how big is that boat and where are you gonna be using it?
    You have a nice outfit to start with.

Good luck to ya
    just

4. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Boat is 16 foot. 56 inches wide, and it's deep, 25.5 inch sidwalls. We will be using it all over really, but mostly on the rivers around St. Louis. We do some lake fishing, we're planning a trip down to LOZ late March as soon as the boat is done.

5. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Some pics of the paint. Now comes the fun part, we actually get to do work that doesn't involve sanding.

Attached Files:

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Wow, that sure is some blue paint, I like it. Looks like you guys are doing a great job. :big_smile:

Thanks
    David

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    it's almost to purty to fish out of. LOL nice work.
    Later Andy

8. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Boat looks like it will be a fishing machine, great job on bringing this one back to life.

9. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We're going to start on the carpet tonight, I'll get some more pics up soon of the carpet install. The color turned out a little brighter than I had hoped but, it looks better than 31 year old brown that's scratched up. Thanks for the comments guys. We have a ton of wiring/electrical work to do still, and getting the console setup with fish finder/new steering wheel, and all of the controls for the live well, etc....

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Wow!! What a transformation!! Looks great, I like that blue paint! Cant wait to see the finished product!!! Good Job!!

11. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    thanks for the kind comments guys... it has been a chore for spills and i to get to this point.. but it seams that the hard work will pay off shortly. With the way the paint turned out we may just have to name her "ol blue"

12. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    What color blue is that ? Looks like the paint we use on the Drilling Rigs its real perty.

Royal Blue by chance ?

13. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    To be honest I don't remember what the color name was. I will tell you that the color looked much darker when I picked it out, but too late now...:). It does look Royal Blue. Oh well, we will be easy to spot at least.

14. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here are some more pics of the seats, and carpet we installed. We bought some of those "Big Man" seats. They are huge, but very comfortable, and sturdy. Put a 1 inch block of wood underneath the swivle to avoid any rub on the pedastles. New latch on the front storage. It's coming together. Need to get the live well going and get the console finished with all the electronics next.

Attached Files:

15. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Almost done now...We still have some wiring to get finished up and mount the trolling motor, but the motor and console are in. Still have to get the drivers seat mounted up, and few odds and ends.

Attached Files:

16. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  17. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Very nice! One of these days I want to put a new floor in my boat and redo the carpeting. Actually what I've thought of doing is not carpeting, but using some of that textured rubber no slip stuff because I like to get blood all over my boat gigging, snagging, and bowfishing. :wink:

18. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nice looking rig! I love the color as well - maybe the big blues will mistake you guys for their leader and head right for the boat:wink:

Great work!!

Branden

19. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    LOL... Branden.. you have discovered our master plan.

20. Spills

Spills New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well it's done, after buying half of Lowes, and numerous other places for 3 solid months we're finally done. Boat turned out pretty good for a couple of guys who have never done anything like this before. Here are some before and afters.

Attached Files: