Jolly Green is done

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by dominoman, Jun 29, 2008.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Well after a couple of months, changes is design decisions, electronics and rod holders the Jolly Green Giant is finished. Got it equipped with a HB 787c SI, a HB 755 GPS, modified rod holders, rod racks for 8 rods, trolling motor, storage areas and live well. The only thing missing is the catfish slime that needs to be put on the inside. That is just a matter of time. I put a number of photos of the finished rig in an album on my profile. A thanks to everyone who has posted ideas on here, I have gained a wealth of knowledge from the posts that helped me thru this.

2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I like the ammo box idea. Are those rod holders PVC or metal?

3. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    The boat turned out very nice and the name fits. :big_smile: Thanks for sharing the pics with us. :0a31:

4. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Ozzy the rod holders are PVC pipe, done on drifter's design with some modifications.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1702

This is the library link for the original.

All I did was take a piece of 1/2" square tube, put a 5" long 3/8" bolt head down into the tube, leaving about 1" of the threads sticking out. The bolt is welded to the tube. This tube should slip down into a piece of 3/4" tube far enough to give it enough support. I'll put some more photos on the album that may explain a little better.

5. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Lonnie,

Nice set up brother. Looks like you got everything covered. What did you go with for the livewell and how long is the Jolly Green? Thanks for sharing the pics!

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Lonnie, thanks. I know what my next project is.

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    A very nice job. Thanks for showing us. Later Andy

8. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Got to make some corrections on the rod holders. The bolt size is 3/8", but the smaller tubing is 3/4" 16 gauge. This will slide down into the 1" 16 gauge tubing. To answer another question the live well is a 120 qt ice chest with a bilge pump mounted with a PVC bar with holes drilled for a spray rig.

9. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Great job! I like a boat with a lot of freeboard. Makes for a safe ride in rough water. This shows you don't have to spend $25K to have a really nice boat.

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Looks like a great set up. congrats and I hope you get some slime on it soon.

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Looking good Lonnie, my buddy from work said his father in law called him Sat. w/coordinates of a bluecat hole on cally, he plugged em in & caught 9 up to 8 lbs!!!! I havent gotten them yet, but he did say he got them outta the paper, just dont know which one!!!:cool2: