Joke Threads?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Fatkat, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I Don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I love the BOC. I was just wondering if it might be a good ideal if we started posting all the jokes on one thread. We used to have a couple threads we posted jokes on, here is a link to one of them; http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1776, I couldn't find the other. I just noticed here lately that their are so many different threads on the same subject its hard to keep up if your not on several hours a day. It may have to do with members gold coin count, LOL. I enjoy jokes and a good laugh as much as the next guy, I'm just a little slow and have a hard time keeping up with everything. I like to check out all the threads when I have the time but if I don't, I skip over checking out the ones that interest me most (you know, the important ones :roll_eyes: ), then I try to come back later when I have more time and check 'em all out. It might also help in keeping the same joke from being posted 2 or 3 times if they were all in the same thread. That way you could subscibe to the thread and every time a new joke was posted it would pop up in your email also. Don't anyone get upset its just a thought, what do you all think?

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I agree with you on this for sure. Seems like everytime I log on there are 4 or 5 new threads that are just jokes.

3. mrc

mrc New Member

State:
    SC
    Or how about a separate forum for jokes and humor???

4. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would agree, however if you get a thread that is alot of pages it takes along time for it to load if you are on Dial-up. Maybe a sub-forum of the General or something like that.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    There was a joke thread on the old board, would be good to start another one up. I agree.

6. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Separate thread or Forum either way would be better either way. I like them, but this way it would cut down on the number of threads and help all of us to better navigate and catch up.

7. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    A good idea to start a new thread.

8. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    I shouldn't have said one thread, I could see a few different threads for different kinds of jokes, like one for blonde jokes, one for redneck jokes, ect. But if someone is going get on and post several jokes I don't see the need for starting a new thread for each one. That way if you was going to tell a blonde joke you could go to the blonde joke thread and make sure no one already posted the same joke. :smile2:

9. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
  10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Really? Is there a way to filter out the "world discussion" thread? I hit the new posts button and it is all kinds of junk not about fishing.

11. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    I love the idea of a separate section for jokes. Could it be a subforum of the world forum? So it's not missed? I have to agree, i feel that i miss many things that i might want to read b/c my dial up runs slow & it takes me forever to get thru new posts.

12. swampthang_matt

swampthang_matt New Member

State:
    georgia
    i thank that would be a great idea cause i like jokes