JOIN ME !!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Sep 3, 2009.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    ONE POINT IN TIME, HERE IN MY LITTLE "BIG CITY" THE ONLY TYPE OF FISHING HERE IN LHC WAS CATCHING 15-20-25-30 LB STRIPERS EVERY SITTING.......BUT NOW.......ITS ONLY A DREAM:sad2:

IVE SEEN 1ST HAND, THE ABUSE THAT SOME DO TO THE FISHERIES.....ITS TRULY SAD....:dribble:

EVEN I AM TO BLAME FOR SOME OF IT.....BUT NOW!!!!! BEING A MEMBER OF THE BOC FOR QUITE SOME TIME NOW, I SEE BETTER WAYS TO SAFELY FISH FOR ENJOYMENT AND THE SPORT!!!! BUT ALSO TO KEEP ON FISHING TIL MY DEAD,COLD, FISH BITTEN HANDS CANT TURN A REEL HANDLE ANYMORE....:roll_eyes:

THE DAY THAT I "DO" BRING A 15-20-25-30+ LB FISH UP THE BOAT IT WILL HAVE TO WAIT LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE THE PICTURES AND GIVEN A FULL DENTAL INSPECTION FOR NICKLES,BRONZES, AND EVEN LINE THAT MAY BE THERE,THEN PUT BACK IN HIS HOME TO FULFIL ANOTHER PERSONS DREAM(HOPEFULLY THEYLL DO THE SAME)....FISH DIDNT GET THAT BIG BEING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

TAKE THE FEW EXTRA MINUTES TO PICK UP A CAN OR 2.... PULL THAT MONO OUT OF THE TREE, **WALK AROUND THE DUMSTERS OR TRASH CANS** 8-10 PEOPLE WILL THROW SOMETHING "AT" IT BUT WONT MAKE IT "IN" IT

IM NOT %100 PERCENT SURE, BUT I THINK IM GOING TO START USING CIRCLE HOOKS TO KEEP AWAY FROM GUTTING FISH. :embarassed:ALOT OF TIMES, FOR ME, THE ONES THAT ARE GUTTED, ARE TOOOO SMALL TO WORRY ABOUT GETTING MEAT OFF OF.........:embarrassed_2:

ALONG WITH A HOOK CHANGE, I WILL SLOWLY BUT SURELY START USING MUCH HEAVIER EQUIPMENT TO CPR THE FISH THAT DISERVE IT!!!! 5-7 LBS IS PERFECT FOR DINNER (IMO)

DURING THE WINTER WHEN THERES 10,000 DEAD SNAGED SHAD FLOATING AROUND OUR DOCK, GET OUT MY "COLLECTING" NET AND FREEZE THEM IN WATER FOR THE SUMMERTIME, (CANCELS OUT BUYING BAIT FOR THE FUTURE) :smile2:

I EVEN THINK I MAY KEEP A SMALL TRASH POLE ON THE BOAT SO IF I SEE SOMTHING FLOATING, POP THE AIR BLATTER, AND TAKE THE TIME TO "SACRIFICE" WATS ALREADY DEAD TO FEED THE YOUNG'N :big_smile:

LET ME PUT SOMETHING ON YOUR BRAIN!! IT TAKES THE (6) "TRASH COPS" (THATS WHAT EVERYONE CALLS THEM HERE IN HAVASU FOR WATEVER REASON) 1 1/2 HRS TO CLEAN AN ENTIRE COVE APRX 300FT X 250 FT ..... IF WE **ALL** SPENT AT LEAST 5 MIN (THATS NOTHING)PICKING UP THE CRAP THE LAZY @$$ PEOPLE LEAVE BEHIND..... THEN MABY IN AT LITTLE AS A 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR WE MAY HAVE A DESENTLY CLEAN PLACE TO FISH **EVERYWHERE**:crazy:

I WANT ALL OF YOU OUT THERE ON THE BOC TO KNOW THAT I WIILL DO MY PART TO SAVE OUR FISHERIES!!!! ONE SITTING AT A TIME !!!!:smile2:

LeRoy DoZois:cool2:

2. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas

LETS DOO IT!! WHOOO RAW!

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a24:
    "Yea Leroy" - "Sounds good to me" - "I respect you for that & I'm with you on that as well"!
    :wink:

4. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I think that is a great idea. I too will do my part and join your cause.

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Well, lately I have been going down to lock 5 and I have been truly po'ed at the mess that folks have left on a point we fish at. So last time I threw a couple trash bags into the car and before i left I vowed to make our fishing spot a bit cleaner...I carried out several sacks of just trash! plastic bottles empty worm containers broken beer bottle glass to finding a couple sinkers lures, and ditching a huge amount of string. I started to pick up a bunch of coke cans and that is when ray said don't get these. I am like WHY? He said a couple with a kid comes down here and get these and turns them in for money. So I picked them up and put them in a pile neatly under a tree. Sure enough they were gone the next time. If everyone just picked up after themselfs we wouldn't have a problem. But of course, there are all types of folks in this world i reckon.

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    MY TOWN IS TRULY GOING TO CRAP!!!

PEOPLE ARE LIVING AT FISHING SPOTS IN THEIR CARS TO CATCH DINNER AND OR ASK I FELLOW FISHERMAN IF THEY HAVE A PLACE TO STAY.....BUT ALOT OF FISHERMAN ARE FISHING FOR DINNER TOOO:crazy:

PEOPLE NOW MORE THAN EVER ARE FISHING AND TRASHING AT THE SAME TIME:sad2: TRULY SAD..........

I THINK IM GOING TO BECOME PART OF THE PD TO TRY TO DO MY PART TO HELP MY HOME TOWN OUT!!!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    BIKES ARE STARTING TO GET HIT (MOTORCYCLES) AND I RIDE MY HARLEY TO SCHOOL EVERYDAY !!!!!!!!!!!

AS A FELLOW RIDER...SEEING BIKES GETTING HIT IS SO F!@#$% ING DISCRACFUL IT MAKES ME SICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:crazy::angry:

YES, ONE CAN ONLY LOOK OUT FOR THEMSELF AND THEIR FAMILY 1ST BUT HAVE SOME HUMANITY/DIGNITY FOR THE ENVIROMENT THEY MUST DO SO ON :confused2:

:0a35:LeRoy:0a35:

7. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Reps Leroy! I try to do the same when I am on the river bank. It ticks me off to see people too lazy to pack out there trash with them. Snelled hook packs, huge balls of mono, worm containers, beer cans, etc.

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures... Or so the old saying goes.

I do try to make it look a little better than I found it.

8. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    This has to be one of the best post I have read on here in a long time. Reps to you!

9. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    HOPEFULLY ILL ENCOURAGE SOMEONE TO DO IT !!!!!!!!

NOTHING I MENTIONED ABOVE IS BACKBREAKING

HELL....FISHING IS PROBABLY MORE DEMANDING THAN PICKING UP THIS AND THAT:tounge_out:

LeRoy

10. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    :confused2:ES puppypal and I clean the banks every weekend and also if we see somene who needs bait we share and at the end of the day if we see a family in need we give them the fish we have cought that day:smile2:.
    "JUST THE WAY WE WERE BROUGHT UP BE KIND AND SHARE"

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Excellent post,and I agree 100%:cool2::big_smile:

12. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    reps to u leroy. ticks me off to it aint that damn hard to carry a small wal mart bag or sometin with u if u dnt pick up anybody elses crap at least people can co is pick up their own. i mean cmon like u said it aint that hard. i always carry 2 sacks wit me in my back pocket in for my trash and one for all the lazy f%&**.

13. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

WE "GET" THE CAMPING TRASHBAGS FOR THAT REASON!!!

WE PICK UP CANS TOO BECASUE WERE POOR :cool2: