Johnston Co.

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by WHISKER BENDER, Aug 21, 2006.

1. WHISKER BENDER

WHISKER BENDER New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Hy Guys,
    I'm in Clayton.Just wondering how many members we have in this area and if somebody can put me on a hole kindof close to home.(I work to much!)

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I'm just the other side of Four Oaks.
    The Neuse is full of bigguns if you can find a way to them.

3. WHISKER BENDER

State:
    n.c.
    Yeah, i usually put in down in Goldsboro and do really good but here lately,we're gettin our but whipped.Where can i put in to get to the bridge at the prison?

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Two ramps in Smithfield.
    One behind the old bread box on 301. Behind the outdoor lumber yard.

The other being the town park on 70 where the old mill was.
    It gets real shallow up that way.

The best fishing on the Neuse is way overlooked because of boating issues.
    I think the best fishery is from Raleigh to Smithfield but you have to have a canoe or kayak. It isnt presssured at all by the limbliners or masses using power boats.

5. WHISKER BENDER

State:
    n.c.
    How bout where crabtree creek meets the neuse?I just found it in a map.Are you familar with that?It looks like a great setup.

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    There is good flatheading up that way and large flatheads at that.
    Be aware of the advisories up that way.
    Crabtree creek has fish eating advisories as well as the upper parts of the Neuse.

7. WHISKER BENDER

State:
    n.c.
    Thanks Mark,
    Iwas aware of the prob. out of crabtree but not the neuse.I really appreciate that.I think i'm putting @pool road and kind of fish my way down.I really feal good about tha setup.Now, if I can just wait till Fri.

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    PRESTON

BE CAREFUL SHALLOW SHALLOW SHALLOW TOO SHALLOW FOR AN OUTBOARD YOU WILL TEAR IT TO SHREDS!!!!:sad2: YOU MAY EVEN POKE A HOLE IN YOUR BOAT!!!

9. WHISKER BENDER

State:
    n.c.
    Het John,
    Thanks for the heads up!I put a hole in my 10' last year tha t still needs repaired.Lets not put one in the skiff!

10. Rickb6959

Rickb6959 New Member

State:
    Clayton NC
    It has been about 10 years since i have been. But seven springs in Goldsboro had some good fishing there. You can also run a boat and motor. Just watch where you are going. I am thinking of going there soon myself. Now if i can only remember how to get there? I live in Clayton also,

11. WHISKER BENDER

State:
    n.c.
    Hey Rick,let me know ,I'll follow you in and we'll clean them out.I'm out off of barber mill.Shoot me a pm and i'll give you my #.

12. mack in n.c.

mack in n.c. Member

State:
    cary nc
    i have fished poole rd area...not this year but in years past and it like mark says ,is canoes and kayaks are needed...have trouble in some places with my canoes near poole...about 1/2-3/4 of a mile up is a set of rapids you will not get a boat up and over in normal water...mack