Johnson Trolling motor switch and bracket missing.

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by thudpucker, Jul 18, 2009.

1. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    That Model number is hard to see.
    "25 E-25" and the Serial number starts with "H-57nnnn"

When I was looking for the Model number I discovered why this thing came into my possession along with a boat full of junk.
    Someone has removed the foot-stomp switch. The Bracket, screws, switch and all are gone. Wires are cut.
    That switch must have failed and the guy intended to get a replacement....That was years ago though. Now I gotta figure out what to do next.
    Any ideas?

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I think I may have an extra bow mount for a Johnson trolling motor. I can check and see if its still in the shop. Let me know but it may be a week or so before I can get where its at.
    Pete

3. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    Thanks a bunch. I appreciate the offer.

I'll mount the thing on a board and see if it works. It has a pull cord etc. I think I can come up with a prop and pin from someplace. Those things are probably available as aftermarket supplies.

Lets see if it has the switch before we start sending stuff.
    I'll bet if we all listed the stuff we have, that somebody could use some of it.

Or maybe we should all list some stuff we need or want and see what shakes outta the bushes?:big_smile:

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If this is a foot control motor, its just a bypass switch, When you hit it, it allow the circuit to finish. If its a hand control just hook the wire up and use the switch on the head of the motor to check it out. Some people even used a dimmer switch .
    I got the last one at Walmart.
    Pete

5. thudpucker

thudpucker New Member

State:
    Culman AL
    I hope to find some one who will let me look and see what I'm trying to replace.
    If not, I'll be able to make one work.

I'm gonna assume that switch only made when your foot was on the plunger.

However if it was a push-on/push-off toggle, I'll need to find a different switch than what I'm thinking about.

Dad worked at Greyhound and brought home a bunch of those momentary 30 Amp switches. I wish I had some of them right now.