johnson scorpion reel for bass

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by trippyclwn, Aug 17, 2005.

1. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    if you guys haven't tried these reels it might be an inexpensive way to catch bass of course for the money you pay for the good line to put in it you could almost buy two reels! lol whatever you do do not!!!!! put heavy sinkers on one and try catfishing lol it will not pick up as much.

2. polecatter

polecatter Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    trippyclwn

Are you talking about the Scorpion spinning reel or the Scorpion spincaster?

I've used the spinning reel for Crappie fishing and also for casting doughbait for Carp and Channel Cat. Nice little reel for the price. Has held up well and is a Super little reel for less than ten bucks.

Larry (polecatter)

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    polecatter i was talking about the open faced reel you can get at wally world for 10 bucks lol i have also tried the hybrid open/closed faced micro scorpion from wally world and it was a decent reel too they are definately good reels for the money and unless you hook into a striper you shouldnt have much trouble bringing in a bass with em lol :)

4. Pferox69

Pferox69 New Member

State:
    Bartow, Florida
    I had a couple of em, cought on to somethin big and ended up bending the mounting feet........twice. I gotta quit usin that 30lb braid on those little reels.

My brother in law swears by those spincasters, he put 20lb line on em, (seems like about 50 feet fills em :) ) and catches eaters all day long, they are strong enough to pull em in through the slop we find down here, if your carefull.

I have found they don't have to be expensive to catch decent fish.