Johnson Lake and Elwood Success!

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bownero, Jun 7, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Another fullfilling weekend for the Catfisherman. My friend "AL" and myself enjoyed some success on Elwood Friday morning and Saturday!! I caught my biggest cat of the year so far. It weighed 15lb. 10oz. It was caught at Johnson Lake, using blood bait, drifted under a bobber. Al caught a 7 pounder at Elwood. Didn't get the pic because the camera battery crashed!!:angry: We caught around 11 cats total and I caught a small flattie on turkey liver too. Strange!! Must of been really hungry.LOL!!

Enclosed is the link of the success and some pics. Boys got involved for the pics to. Kyle age 4 and Eric age 3. Gotta get them involved too!!:big_smile:

Thanks..
    Mark..

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1487818#post1487818

2. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

nice fish Mark

3. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Congrats on the success sounds like it was a blast~!!!

yea flatheads on liver didnt think that happened... but last night the youngest got a hit on liver.. it didnt hit tho it just took it and kept swimmin like a flathead.. snapped the line... well it was his spiderman pole he was all bummed out.. excited but bummed.. im gonna try to get some 12 lb on there...

4. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    nice fish. I "usually" try to keep a disposable camera in my tackle box. doesn't always happen though. the pictures on them can last a few years. plus you wont cry if it falls out of the boat or the batteries crap out on ya.

5. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Great job man!! congratulations brother, hope to see you at the gathering!!:cool2: