Johnson engine paint

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Mr.T, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Where can I find spray paint for a Johnson outboard engine in that classic Johnson White color?

We're rebuilding that 35hp that fried the pistons and need to do something about the medium-brown color on the head...

I haven't checked the local dealer yet so maybe they have it. If not, can someone recommend an online source?

Thanks

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Mr. T, the dealer is your best bet. The almost always have spray cans of matching paint for the models they sell.
    If for some reason they can't supply it, an automotive paint shop or distributor should be able to match the color for you, but it would probably be a little more expensive to go that route.

3. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Try here Mr. T. Not sure if they have what you want, but worth a look I guess.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks, Whistler but my engine isn't quite that old.. It's a '77 model. I'll check with the local parts dealer when I get a chance...

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LOL, I didn't know it was strictly an antique place. LOL Sorry about that. I had to get paint for a 76 Johnson 70HP about 10 years ago. Got it at a local sporting goods place believe it or not. LOL