Johnson County - How is the catfishing at the driftwood gravel pits off 31?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by iccats, Apr 14, 2006.

1. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    does anyone know how the catfishing is at the driftwood gravel pits off 31 in johnson county??? i use to fish there a lot when i was younger but not for cats. i might start going there again and might do some catfishing there. i was also wondering if there is any other good fishing spots in johnson county other than camp atterbury???

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I haven't fished driftwood for sometime but used to get some eaters out of there. try surgarcreek down to columbus. or the river at the park intown. good luck.

3. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    There are monster catfish in there. A few years ago, Sugar Creek flooded and the levee on the west side of the big pit collapsed and alot of big fish were trapped in there. A conservation officer down there told me he knows that there are some 50-60 lb flatheads in there. Additionally, I have caught some really nice channels out of there. Would be worth a try I think. If you fish for other species, there are nice muskie and bass in there as well.

4. iccats

iccats New Member

State:
    morgantown, Indiana
    i remember seeing some really nice muskies in there when i was like 12yrs old. thanx for the input guys.

5. Brutom

Brutom New Member

State:
    Cumberland Indiana
    Scott,

Would that be Plover were the flatheads are?

6. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Yes it is :) I love that place.

7. catfishbeatty81

catfishbeatty81 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    might try this please see if i can ger lucky and pull a monster out