Johnny is in mourning...LOL

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Big Sam, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Thought i better give the low-down on our last tournament outing:eek:oooh: Started off at the registration site with Johnny's `1st bad experience of the day:tounge_out: We draw poker chips with numbers on them to establish a team # for the tournament, plus at the end you gotta turn it in for prizes and to account that you made it back safely....Well he reaches in a draws # 13:tounge_out::smile2::eek:oooh: Good thing there is no superstition involved in the sport of fishing:beat_brick: We take off just a burning and there goes my hat in the lake:eek:oooh::smile2:(no-bad-luck there) Well we fished hard the 1st couple of hrs and were ok with a 16lber, 13lber and a 10lber...they quit biting so we decided to try cove xxx:wink: nothing:smile2: flat yyy nothing:smile2: drop off zzz nothing. Then we went for another drop-off... Johnny launches a 4 dollar hook at them then a 5 dollar hook (he was going for broke): Fish finally hammers one..."looks" like a big hook-up:wink: oh he got hung up:tounge_out: lost 5 dollar hook then 4 dollar hook got hung up broke off then we looked down at the water and here comes the 4 dollar hook floating at us with his peg-cork shining...Ran out of time.....got our butts handed to us at the weigh-in!!Needless to say Johnny is BANNED from drawing numbers from the hat and will begin feeling better by tomorrow due to our planned trip for filming on saturday ( That should be interesting) I'm sure after being hit in the wallet loosing his 5 dollar hook!Come on Johnny shake that HEX OFF!!!:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I knew we was doomed as soon as I drew #13:eek:oooh::smile2:. I did get a $4 hook back. Had a good fish on the $5 hook that would have jumped us up in contention but when it came off I dropped the rod tip then when I went to reel it in it got hung on a stump:eek:oooh::smile2:. Ah well , thats fishing. Hopefully we can put this 12 year old boy on some good fish Saturday:cross:.

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    dont let them see your hurting.keep your head up and remember theres always next week.

4. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Johnny and Sam sounds like even though you didnt win you had a good time fishing and made some memrories:big_smile:Thats what its all about anyway and at least you were'nt working lol.

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    What's the name of those $5.00 hooks? They sound lucky, I'll have to get some!
    ...W

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    IT AINT A BAD DAY WHEN YOU CATCH SOMETHING........ATLEAST YOU DIDNT GET SKUNKED:wink:

7. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

Roger, me and Sam could go out and not get a bite and we would still have a blast:smile2:.

To explain about Saturday, me and Sam are filming a show Saturday with a guy named Mark Goins. He has a show called hooked on fishing that we did a catfishing show for last year. This Saturday Mark is bringing a 12 year old boy with him from the make a wish foundation. We will do our level best to put this boy on either a big blue or a bunch of blues.

8. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well if the boy is gonna stand a chance I'll have to keep Johnny away from drawing any more "lucky" chips!!!:wink: Oh and i'll arrange for the boy to be in the back of the boat with Johnny for some reason? He tends to turn the boat around in his favor!!:surrender::0a5:

9. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    gotta have some of those hooks LOL

10. crane

crane New Member

State:
    Paragould, AR
    Where was this tournament at? If it was in arkansas i would like to know where. I would like to do some tournament fishing in Arkansas since we are some in-stater's.

11. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR

The tournament are on Kerr Lake in Oklahoma. The schedule and rules are posted in the tournament section under Pole Bender Catfish Club. The last tournament results have been posted. We would be glad to have you come join in on the fun.

12. Big Sam

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Crane...Kerr lake is just across the border from arkansas.:smile2: Be glad to have ya!!! Johnny ya might consider changing 777 to 13:wink::tounge_out::eek:oooh: