John W. Flanagaan Lake

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sexton, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Sexton

Sexton New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Flanagaan is the largest virginia body of water west of claytor, and so happens to be the main interest for me and a few of my buds. Anywhere around Wise County, catfishermen can hear of enormous fish that haunt the depths of flanagaan. However, I have never laid eyes on such beast yet. I have been fishing flanagaan fairly heavy for about six months, using anything from chicken liver, to live bait and darn near anything in between. But without electronics, its pretty much a losing battle. To the point, does anyone know of some good hots spots, cuz im pretty sure that i can catch em if i just knew where they are. Flathead primarily.:005:

2. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i too have heard the stories of the giant cats in the lake. never seen one though. ive been fishing skeetrock since spring and the biggest ive caught is an 11lb channel..

been out on flannagan a few times this year on a boat and only caught a few VERY small flatheads.

3. Sexton

Sexton New Member

State:
    Virginia
    me semper fi fished under the skeetrock bridge one night cause we heard it was the best spot on the lake for catfish, HOWEVER... like many of our trips we came up empty handed. i guess its a good place in theory but ya just about have to have boat. I believe that monday night made up our minds for us in that we will probobly be fishin cranesnest the rest of the year.:confused2: