John Redmond Reservoir

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by DAREWOOD11, Sep 3, 2007.

1. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    ANYBODY KNOW HOW WELL THE BLUECAT AND FLATHEAD FISHING IS THERE?? IM THINKIN ABOUT GOIN FISHIN THERE IN A COUPLE WEEKS I COULD USE SOME ADVICE IF U HAVE SOME...THANKS

2. Bigfish18

Bigfish18 Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I have never heard of any large blues being caught out of John Redmond but large flatheads are another story. The reservoir is 9000 acres and the deepest spot in the main lake is around 12ft. It is extremely silted in. The Neosho River feeding Redmond is probably your best bet. There is a large, or maybe I should say mind blowing sized log jam on the river. Fish the log jam and you will catch fish.

Good luck,
    Cody

3. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    THANKS A LOT MAN...IS THERE ANYWHERE AROUND THERE WITH GOOD BLUE FISHING?

4. Carp Killer

Carp Killer New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You can catch plenty of blues as long as you fish the river and not the lake.The water level is way to low for fishing right now on the lake.If you hit the spillway when they are letting water out you can tear them up.

5. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

used to be a great flathead lake

6. KBSJayhawk

KBSJayhawk New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hot off the press, from our latest bathymetric survey of the lake, a new lake depth map for John Redmond. Here's a sample preview image.

Attached Files: