John Jamison

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I went and saw John Jamison at cabelas today. What a top rate guy. I talked to him before the seminar. Then he gave a great seminar on what he calls bottom bouncing and fishing the mo river. Thanks John. No wonder this sport is so great with people like John and the rest of the BOC. I also got to meet Lincoln from the BOC. Sorry Lincoln I cant remember you last name. But was also enjoyable to talk to you.
    If anybody ever has the chance to go and see John I recomend that you do it. He is full of information and very willing to share it.
    Tom

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Tom, Thanks for the story and the post.

I have wanted to goto one of his seminar's for a while now I wonder if he is going to be at the KCK cabela's or not. I sure hope so from what I have heard and read he sure know's his Catfishing:smile2::wink:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Tom, if you don't mind sharing, post some tips you learned today. I'm going to do some bottom bouncing after the blues come off of the nest this year.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I will try and see what I can do. I would recomend that anyone going to his seminars to take note pad and pen to take notes. Boy is he a wealth of knoledge. First he like brade over mono line due to he can feel more with the brade. He uses a slip swivel for his sinkers and used pencel sinker usually not over 3 oz. He uses a 4 ft leader with a slip bobber then a 8-0 dieche circle hook tied with a snell knot. He will find drop offs with his electornics than use his trolling motor vs just drifting to stay on the structure longer. He says a lot of times blues will suppend over deep water more than you think they will. Watch you electronics and find the fish. He also fishes with on rod holding it vs having multipul rods in the holders. So he can feel what is going on more. In rivers like the mo river he will also bottom bounce. Sometimes he will find fish on the sonor and get above them. Drop the line straight to the bottom and then lift the rod tip up in free spool and let the current take it back then do it again. He is a firm beleaver in a line counter on his reel so you how far back the bite came from. He also said that you pay attention to the bite and you should know if there is more than one fish there. By that he ment that if the fish bit real light kind of like crappie fishing sometime you just feel a light tick on the rod then the line goes limp that there is only that fish there and no compatition for the food. But if the fish slams it and try to rip the rod out of your hands than there is more than likly more than one fish there. Pay attention to how much line was out if you have line counters and get that fish in. Do it again and you would probably pick up another fish. On anchor fishing the dykes on the Mo. Check the scoer holes with the sonor. There should be one just off the end or below the dyke and on smaller one just above the dyke. If you see fish in the holes fish to where you can fish in the one above the dyke and be able to make a long cast to the one off the end or just below the dyke.
    There is so much info to try to remember I will repost with more info if I can remember any more. As I am getting old and have CRS real bad:eek:oooh::smile2:. Like I said in my first post on this thread this is a top notch guy and real enjouable to talk.

Tom

5. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Does anyone know what time he will be out there tomorrow?

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    11:00am and 4:00pm

I stayed home and shoveled snow today, but I'm going to try to catch him tomorrow.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good post bro... Always nice to meet members, and learn knowledge from others...rollo

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep thats where he is doing it at......

9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    John Jamison has a new web site. It is www.catfishauthority.com It is a good web site and just came up saturday.

Tom

10. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    It was great meeting you also Tom!
    Another great presentation by John. I go to all of them I can.

11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Good stuff Tom thanks for the post. I was lucky enough to go to one of his seminars and I learned a lot. I was on his website and it says he will be doing a show called "Fishing Hog Country" I have never heard of it. Is it a new catfishing show?

12. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Tom, I was there Saturday and enjoyed the seminar too. Small world. It wasn't planned or anything, me and my buddy were there picking up some fishing supplies and we heard he was there over the loud speaker. By the time we made our way up there he already started so we kind of stood in the door way for a while, towards the end we made our way in to sit down in the back. I was kind of wondering if anyone else from the BOC was there, I think theres a lot of members up in that area.

13. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Man we should have asked the question of who were BOC members. I like to meet all the brother and sisters that I can. I think if I catch another one of his seminars I will have to ask the questions. It might even get more people to join when they find out what kind of members we have.

Tom

14. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went on Sunday @ 1100 and I think there are only 3 of us there. Gary, Parker and myself. Hopefully some of the other people will join.