John Hay Lake

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gargoil77, Jul 9, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Anyone fished here recently? Got a tournament next week end. Could use some help.

2. wildcatter

wildcatter New Member

State:
    Irvington, Ky
    I went to John Hay lake about 10 days ago for Crappie and cats. The lake was great. try fishing to the right of the boat ramp that is where the creek flows toward the dam . Also to the left of the dam there is a rock wall ,the water is approx 55' deep and the cats are everywhere.Most luck on night crawlers and chicken livers. I will be out there Saturday. look for the red boat

3. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've never fished JHL since I don't have a boat. I'm interested in finding a fishing buddy. Thanks,

4. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    where is the lake located?

5. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Hey David. welcome to the BOC. Can't help ya on where to fish JHL without a boat. Usually just fish it during tournament time. We fish it twice during the tournament and this year was the worst. WE weighed in four mudcats and one channel and the muds were bigger than the channel! The lake is over fished I assume. It used to be the best lake we fished for the tournaments but not this year. No one caught much of anything.
    C B the lake is located near Salem Indiana.