Jocassee Lake catfishing

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BassTrackerMac, May 24, 2007.

1. BassTrackerMac

BassTrackerMac New Member

State:
    Liberty, SC
    Don't hear much about catfishing up on Jocassee, but I know for a fact there are some huge catfish in the lake. I don't know of or heard of anyone doing that good up there. Seems like if you could figure them out, there would be really good opportunities to boat a monster. Of course, you can't get close to the intakes since 9-11, but I understand that is one place where the big girls would hang out. Plenty of live bait swimming around those structures and when pumping back, a lot of stunned or fresh killed bait for the kittys to eat without having to move very far for food/cover. :smile2:

NOTE: if you do go to Jocassee, a reminder to leave your baitnet @ home. It's a no-no to have one in possession there.:eek:oooh:

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its to deep and cold for my blood. I like trout fishing up there in the winter but thats about it.

3. SC Hartwell

SC Hartwell New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Yea, I have seen a 40 lb blue cat caught out of there. My girlfriends dad use to tie up to the intake and fish for trout he said he accidently caught some beast catfish, you can't go anywhere near there since 9-11.

I love to fish for lake trout up there too. Good fishing.