jobs gone at wifes company

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flysure1, May 10, 2009.

1. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My wife works at the local telephone co. (small area--2500 or so customers) there was 33 working there untill last thursday, they told 2 that evening at 4:45 that was their last day (they are going to buy them out in retirement) then the next day they had a lunch time meeting with pizza served then had a monitor display showing the companies problems and then had 6 more names pop up and announced these people were done also--that day! I thought that was very tasteless and cold---another meeting tuesday---who knows---I think the wife is safe for now but nothing is for sure----there has never been cutbacks in this commpany before---times are tough.

2. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I'll keep her and the other employees in my thoughts, and hope that most of them can stay on the job.

3. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yea it is tough and now obama wants to raise the taxes on buisnesses .DIDNT HE TELL ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HE WOULDNT??? ... how many do you thing will survive another tax hike!!!!! :angry:

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Business' care about one thing Profit, they will make the other 31 people work harder for the same pay.

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I'm sorry to hear that Rod.