Job application help

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Chief, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i picked up a couple job applications just for the heck of it, not really expecting to get anything from them, but what do i put for position applied for? i dont really care too much about where they put me,nor do i know any of there posistions. what would be a good general "i dont care" answer?:lol:

2. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Put "willing to work any position". That will show you just want a job and are willing to do whatever it takes.

3. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I've always wrote "Any" or "Open" when I was in that position myself.

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Show them you have ambition. Fill in that blank with CEO. LOL And where it says "SEX", I always put "SURE". Just Kidding!

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Where did you pick up the applications from.
    What type of buisness is it.? that makes a lot of difference.

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Like Dano said info. Do you bring anything to the table that is condusive to what type of work place it is. If so concentrate on that and go with the strengths and experience that you may have that they can use. Spellin and legability is also important.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    First thing I'd do would be to change my attitude. "just for the heck of it", "not really expecting to get anything from them", isn't something you should be taking to a job interview. Show more interest. Find out what their positions. Walk in ther with your chin up and a positive attitude. Make them believe it would be difficult to survive without you.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I've always put open. Same with "pay expected" I knew what the pay was before filling out the form.
    Bill

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Any or open is a winner:wink:

10. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana

ok chin up, good attitude and no government conspiracies...man this is gonna be tough

11. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    oh and to give more info there heavy equipment dealerships. holt equipment(john deere) and macallister(CAT). i like to help people a lot and beleive it or not i have good people skills. but i dont have any experience selling stuff. just using it.

12. AllenM

AllenM Guest

In that case, I would put "Sales Associate / any opening". That way when you interview, you can focus on getting a sales position, but show that you are willing to take what ever they have and learn the business to work your way up to that position if needed.

13. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    Believe it or not, but good people skills can get you far when it comes to any type of employment. If you have that, then dont worry, you'll be fine.

14. AllenM

AllenM Guest

I'll vouch for that fact! I interviewed aith AT&T for an advertized position in computer networking that listed for 35K salary, but I came up a little short of the tech knowlege to run a 200 mile stretch of WAN. By the time the interview ended the guy told me that he'd hire me for 40K salary if I was willing to spend 3 weeks working with 3 or his top network techs in Sacramento, and offered me $1,200/wk for the training time. All because he liked how personable and easy to talk to I was. Told me he had interviewed a couple techs who may have known more than me, but he needed someone who could be the face man for the company, and leave a good friendly impression when going to the offices to work on the computers along the network line.

In the end I was unable to get to Sac due to transportation problems at the last minute which shot me out of the job, thanks to my Ex girlfriend whom I was living with in Fresno at the time. But it just goes to show how much poeple skill are worth! They can get you a long way!

15. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i'm down into the SKILLS section and it says: please indicate skills in the following areas that might further qualify you for this position.
    Retail/sales/customer service

Farming/welding/equine

so could i put good people and communication skills under the retail/sales/customer service?

is being a good communicator/ people person even qualify as a skill?:confused2:

16. AllenM

AllenM Guest

Does it have blanks for you to write in your own skill sets, or is it just a "circle the ones that apply"? I'd write a resume that builds me up and attach it to the app to supply info that the app does not allow you to.

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    When applying for a position and you are open to anything:

1. Need to know what positions are offered.
    2. Be specific and write down the position you want to apply for.
    3. Then add that you are flexible.

1. All 3 of these fall under marketing a product.
    Do you have any marketing skills?

2. Customer Service requires people skills, communication skills, and quality assurance skills.

3. If you have any computer skills you can add will be a big help.
    1. microsft excel, word, outlook ?

Hope this helps some and good luck

18. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    On any job that has a general application I usually just apply for any available. Places that use their own applications often have it set up so that you are able to apply for a certain job.