Joaquin River Restoration

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA RIVERS TALK' started by daystarchis, Sep 13, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here is a part of the news article that came out today. The link ishttp://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/12708642p-13405673c.html

WASHINGTON — More water should start flowing down the San Joaquin River by around 2009 under a long-awaited settlement scheduled to be filed in Sacramento today.

By around 2013, salmon should be reintroduced to the river, which once teemed with them. Hundreds of millions of dollars would be spent on channel improvements and more, and a new "San Joaquin River restoration" administrator would oversee the complicated work.

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I have'nt seen it but i'm sure that salmon still come up river and it should be happening by the end of the month?

I'm from merced originally and the salmon still come up stream in the Merced river they even end up coming in the the big creek that runs thru town, thousands used to come up that creek when I was a kid.

Robb or anyone have you guys ever seen Salomon spawn up the San Jauquin river????????????

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I wonder what the real money part of the plan is ?

cleaning up the river?

Making it bigger(wider) and deeper?

More daming?

4. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Levees will have to be built to protect farmland. The upper San Juaquin may become a better habitat for trout besides the salmon run.

5. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    Salmon season starts this weekend on the Sac river.

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Thanks Captain and Lil hooker .

I thought they still came up the Sac.