Jimmy Johnny Returns to Greenwood!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Patmansc, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

Greer, SC
    Pat Chaney
    After about a 1-year hiatus, Jimmy Johnny joined forces with the Shrimpmeister for a very chilly assault on Greenwood :crazy: The temp was 22 degrees when we launched the boat this morning, but we were both fired-up thinking about throwing a major smackdown on those lovely Greenwood channels. Sneaky little devils that they can be, they tried their hardest to hide from us, as we had only 2 bites between 7:30am and 2, even though I drove us all over the place :eek:oooh: Finally, as I was beginning to think that I would have to throw JJ in the lake to appease the catfish gods, we hit upon their hiding place and managed to boat 11 fish in the next 3 hours, with 3 more coming off on the way in to the boat (for a while there I thought I was fishing with Sunbird again :wink:). Nothing big - average size about 3#. Of course, every fish was caught on the Magic Marinated Shrimp :big_smile: Also: Due to the rain, it looks like Greenwood is up about 4 feet!!! Hooray!
  2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

South Caro
    Good report, Pat! Glad to see y'all got into some!

Bill in SC

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

Lake Green
    Great job guys.:wink: Glad ya put JJ on some channels Pat. He likes'em:big_smile:
  4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

......Not only was he gonna throw me in but I caught him tying the anchor rope around my ankle . But , by 2ish , thankfully the cats started rockin rods and my life was spared ; )~

I tell ya, it was cold. I even heard Pat say he was cold.....wow, you know it's cold then . I even saw him lick a shrimp and it stuck to his tongue .

I've always enjoyed fishin Greenwood with the guys , I can't believe it's been a year since I last fished it ........ Lets make sure in 09 we get together a lot more....deal ?

Thanks to Pat workin his butt off....and that's no exaggeration , he got us on them . And then with his generosity he let me reel in almost all the fish . I tried to hand him rods but he said " no, no, you go ahead and reel him in ".....thanks buddy .

Some day I'm gonna have to show them Striper boys on that lake how to run 13 Striper rods and get er done ; )~

Oh and btw, watch Pat around them Blue Heron,,,when the bit was slow he was wondering how a Heron would taste , LOL .