Jimmy Houston Catfish Show

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by WylieCat, Jun 26, 2006.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Did anyone see the Jimmy Houston show where they were jug fishing for catfish?

Kinda disappointing.

Jimmy kept catching these smaller blues and calling them "channels" because they had a forked tail. He would hold it up to the camera and you could easily see its flat anal fin. Finally he caught a nice 30 pounder and called it a blue.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats Ok its a bass thing:lol:

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    What does he know, LOL, he fishes for Green Carp, LMAO!!!

4. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    well at least he wasnt in a high fence catching them for a change. or was he?

5. adamf

adamf New Member

State:
    tennessee
    it was pretty disappointing because usually jug fishing you catch quite a few.

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Adam!!!

7. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I don't watch Mr. Houston anymore since I have basically lost confidence in "TV" sporting programs.

Except Mr. Barta! I like him since. He talks straight.

Robert

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You beat me to it! Boy that whole situation was sad & disappointing.

9. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    He's kissed one to many fish, look over him:big_smile:

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Metalfisher I am with ya!

I have worked on too many shows and seen too many fish that were "held" for shots later. Plus, Jimmy got in that whole scandal with the deer hunting farm that was busted by the feds for shooting deer inside of an enclosure and portryaing it as fair chase. They were proping up drugged deer on a tree so a hunter could shoot it, and in Jimmys hunt you could see the deer run up to the fence behind the treestand!!

I like Tred...

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Jimmy can't fish fair anyway, he cheats.
    I like to watch Bill Dance and Roland Martin catch cats.

12. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I think the best guys fishin on tv are the In-Fisherman guys, a least they fish on public lakes, when it come to Jimmy, Bill, Roland, and most of the rest of em, you never see another boat any where. As for hunting I like Uncle Ted, at least he'll tell you if he's in a fence or not.lol

13. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Like I said about Jimmy Carter: "Never trust someone who laughs and smiles all the time; ain't nobody that happy."

14. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Hardly any of the fishing shows actually catch catfish on film.I know several people that has been on shows most of them are guides in santee that I fish in tournaments with.I want say their names or the names of the shows but they catch the fish prior to the show then hook em on and turn the camera on.

15. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    I have got one of his old shows on tape that has him helping to land some BIG flatheads that were bank poled and set lined. Jimmy has been around a long time. I do keep some of his crappie shows but little of the rest gets watched and none gets kept. He has got his own style and you got to appeciate someone that basically fishes for a living all of his life.

16. Riverfish3r

Riverfish3r New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I own two videos made by the In-fisherman people for catfish, on is called Catfish Safari and the other I think is Fishing for Channels. I love the Catfish Safari one and watch it a couple of times per month, he catches some monsters on there. Anybody know of any other godd catfishing DVDs or movies. BTW, Roland Martin may be good, but he is obnoxious.

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Just a show about Jug Fishing is bad enough, but when they got a Bass dude doing it, that's just plain wrong. LOL! I garuntee you he couldn't catch them with a rod and reel!

18. Pylodictis Olivaris

Pylodictis Olivaris New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Riverfish3r....to answer your question about catfishing DVDs, In-fisherman makes quite a bit of them. Besides the 3 you have mentioned I recommend and have.

- A Day on the River - In-Fisherman
    - Classic Catfish - In Fisherman
    - Catfish Predator on the Prowl - In-Fisherman
    - Catfish Locations - In-Fisherman

And for a good laugh, Okie Noodling

19. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Although Jimmy Houston, obviously has a high opinion of himself, i personally dont care for the man, or his program.