Jimmie or Jeff???

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by catfishrollo, Nov 11, 2007.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    im starting to think jimmie is gonna pull a quick one...... and show jeff... and the world he is the new nascar proto and jeff is the old guy still wishing it was 1990 some!!!!lol ...? rollo

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sad to say I think it will be Jimmy unless one of the guys can take him out for that final race :crazy:. Jeff sounded pretty dejected about it already calling it over he is 83 or 86 points behind that can be made up in one race however Jimmy needs to have a bad day for that to happen. The one thing I dont understand is at the beginning of the race Jeff was 30 points out, there is 5 point difference for spots which still keeps it at 5 point difference, how did it get to 6 points?

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gary,
    Your partially right about the 5pts difference for spots. Positions 1-6 in the finishing order are in 5pt increments,7-11 are 4pt increments,and 12-43 are 3pt increments. That is why Jeff is now 86 pts behind after today. Johnson earned 190 pts today,185 for winning and 5pts for leading a lap. Jeff earned 134 pts today for finishing 10th. I hope this makes sense to you.

Glenn

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gary,
    I'm sorry,I forgot with the changes in the way the pts are awarded this year the winner actually gets 15 more pts than the 2nd place finisher. Then the pts breakdown is as I had said before. Sorry about that.

Glenn

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Here's the actual breakdown on how the pts are awarded.

Glenn

This point system rewards consistency more than it rewards winning. A full understanding of this NASCAR point system will help you win a NASCAR Championship.

NASCAR Points Awarded

Finish Points
    1st 185
    2nd 170
    3rd 165
    4th 160
    5th 155
    6th 150
    7th 146
    8th 142
    9th 138
    10th 134
    11th 130
    12th 127
    13th 124
    14th 121
    15th 118
    16th 115
    17th 112
    18th 109
    19th 106
    20th 103
    21st 100
    22nd 97
    23rd 94
    24th 91
    25th 88
    26th 85
    27th 82
    28th 79
    29th 76
    30th 73
    31st 70
    32nd 67
    33rd 64
    34th 61
    35th 58
    36th 55
    37th 52
    38th 49
    39th 46
    40th 43
    41st 40
    42nd 37
    43rd 34

There's also a 5pt bonus for leading a lap and another 5pt bonus for leading the most laps.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This is not a quote of mine!!
    This point system rewards consistency more than it rewards winning. A full understanding of this NASCAR point system will help you win a NASCAR Championship.
    Glenn

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    This is the biggest bunch of BS that I have heard for quite a while!

This point system rewards consistency more than it rewards winning.

If this was true how's come Jeff Gordon started this Chase in 2nd place? Just another example of how Na$car is going to he-- in a hand basket. They must really think us fans are a bunch of hay seeds. I heard one of the drivers comment within the last 2wks,that if Na$car kept going the way their going now they were going to be just like F1 in a short period of time.

8. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Jeff Gordon already had this championship won before the last 10 races. Its a shame how Nascar penalizes a drivers performance over the 1st 26 races. This will be the 2nd championship Jeff will get screwed out of since the Chase started. But it is what it is.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I agree with you 100% Wolfie. I wish they had this Chase up their A$$!!!!!!

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I like them both, mainly because I am doing a video shoot with them Monday night for the Monday Night Football halftime show!! Be sure to tune it!! Ol' Wyliecat will be behind on of the cameras!

Jimmie will make it two in a row...

11. enfausen

enfausen New Member

State:
    Indiana (Rising Sun)
    I would say Jeff is in real trouble, he better hope Jimmie has a bad day.

12. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I gotta go with Jimmie

13. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    nascar is letting the tv money run the show. if they are not careful they will be like baseball. they commercials are ruining the race. baseball games are held up between innings so they can get more commercials in. you are missing so much of the race now watching commercials. if they shorten the races like tv wants it will be half race and half commecial. they want need good engines if the race is only gonna be 300 miles instead of 500. just think of 300 laps on a short track instead of 500. the drivers will not even get tired. they will have to quit using the standard of 7 championships as being good as you only need to be good the last 10 races to be champion. not 36 races as should be the standard. all said, jimmy and his team are good.

14. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...nascar is letting the tv money run the show..."

If you want to watch a good race head out to your local dirt track. :wink:

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Hats off to the 48 team. They are just on it each week and Jimmie is actually attacking this championship rather than being cautious and ease his way in.