Jim Edgar/Panther Creek/Site M - State Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by astutzman, May 26, 2006.

1. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    Has anybody ever camped over at Jim Edgar/Panther Creek/Site M state park? I moved to the area last summer and got to explore over there a little bit once. It looked pretty nice, but I visited in the off season and was wondering if it gets busy during the summer.

Also, if anyone fishes near the LaGrange dam on the Illinois River, what's it like there? Is there camping nearby and and how's the fishing below the dam?

2. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Live next to JEPCSF&WA and have never camped there but we are our there several times a week. Good catfishin at Gridley for biggins using shrip or cut bait. Dip bait will get you the eaters. Other lakes have generally only eaters. As far as the Lagrange dam area you can camp on the lock side and would have to take boat through the locks for fishing below the dam. Have heard of some good fishing but have not done so personally. Want to get some good flatheads head to Bernadotte Dam on Spoon River. 40 pounds and up.

"Great Fishin"

Jim

http://fishinpals.org

3. supermaxx30

supermaxx30 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    i fished site m one time last year no luck.

4. supermaxx30

supermaxx30 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    lagrange in the place to fish. take lots of wieghts.

5. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Tell me more about LaGrange. Can you bank fish or is it strictly boat fishing.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Eric

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Been awhile since I have fished there. You can boat fish and bank fish but getting to the dam side of river to bank fish can be a little tricky and its been a long since I've been there. Maybe someone with more info will post.
    Have a good one.

7. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    I drove by the La Grange entrance the other day. I don't know what's going on there, but all of the stuff looked like it was locked up. At the main entrance there was s sign that said no trespassing/taking pictures in this area. My fiancee was with me and refused to let me go down there.

Anyway, if you're thinking of checking it out yourself, I recommend coming in from the south. We drove in from the north out of Beardstown, and it was a heck of a drive. Lots of hills and curves for Illinois.

8. supermaxx30

supermaxx30 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    By Boat Is The Only Way To Fish It

9. coadyadam

coadyadam New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i rented a cabin at site m last year. super nice right on th water. Im doing it again this year

10. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    went to site M last night with coadyadam no luck we got skunked the grass grows real thick on the bottom it was a super nice campground and the lake is really deep and clear around here it seems clear and deep is rare we fished till about 4am then we played poker till 7:30am