Jim Cramer, depression over!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DANZIG, Apr 4, 2009.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    On Thursday's episode of "Mad Money" host Jim Cramer declared that the depression is, well, over. No stranger to making bold statements about the stock market and the economy, ">Cramer delivered the news in his own inimitable style, unequivocally stating with gusto: "Right now, right here on this show -- I am pronouncing the Depression over." ...

.."When [Obama] became more market-focused, and the Fed took rates to zero and offered financing -- leverage to buy asset-backs -- and took mortgage rates down to record lows while homes lost huge percentages of their value, the fire caught. Lending started again.
    And the depression ended. I think it ended in the first week of March. I think that's what Doug Kass saw when he went bullish. I think I saw it when I realized that even if every financial went under and most companies cancelled their dividends, we only had 1,000 points to drop, and you had to start buying. There just wasn't enough downside left.

These are not disputed calls.

Now the end of the depression has to be priced in."

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, larry...'tis no surprise to me that you would quote cramer and obama at the same time..you just keep on swallowing that manure. try not to belch as we don't need anymore ozone problems:smile2:

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Mmm... No BHO quote there, and I think Cramer is one of you !:wink:

4. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    im lost is this hi or regular community page ?

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Neither it's the funny pages. I think Jimmy Crack Corn is trying to get his own stocks up by fibbing. Seems to me the market is down 80% of the week. :roll_eyes:

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Was this on Sat nite live?

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No it was in the funny pages. LOL they are predicting 10% unemployment in the near future. We will not see Rock bottom for a long time.

Now Freddie Mac is giving out 210 million dollars of our tax dollars to the same people who lost billions. Smart move. Why cant we just make a new law stating that if your company dont make a profit then you dont deserve a bonus? The kicker.....this is for retention bonus'. LOL....

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Another HI freak trying to justify an Obama presidency.
    But his motive is to see if this thread will get put where he knows it belongs.

9. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I was never much of a Cramer fan, IMO he is as much an entertainer as he is a stock adviser, more hype than substance. But this time I hope he is right. There are some encouraging signs..

Stock Markets up 25-28% over their lows set in early March, housing starts, retail sales, and factory are starting to rebound. It could be a false start, could be the first early signs of a recovery, time will tell.

What is the deal with the insults toward one of our members for reporting a little bit of good news?

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Spring flings aren't unusual in the stock market. In fact, you can count on them.

On the other.
    Seen this many times before.
    When the heat gets too hot in the kitchen or the responses don't come as you like it gets brought out into main board.
    The main board is more restricted (protection) and alot more people to try to appeal to in your madness.
    It dont take long for somebody to tire of having to move threads where they belong. Especially when you are blatenly being accused of moving them because they aren't republican friendly.

11. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bacons on now get the pork chops cookin'.

12. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I see nothing wrong with this thread.
    Why turn it into something it aint.
    Maybe its good news for a change.

Anyway.I aint up on Jim Cramer but I'm glad to see a few things in my area picking up . I see more folks working and out an about having some fun. Fishing on lakes and stuff.
    Got a buddy who just bought a good size track of wooded land with creeks and plenty of trees. Going to turn it into a little sub division in the sticks. ( out of city limits ). They jumping on it like everything is going strong. Got to mark off 2 acre tracks for lots, make a couple roads . Then time to sale lots. Already got bites on selling lots. Me for one. LOL.
    Local banks seem to be behind him all the way. Got another friend who is selling his house. Folks stopping asking the realtor how much etc while he was putting sign up.
    Thats good for seller, buyer and realtor.
    I actually got a couple Realtors bugging me about a small piece of land I got. been talking to one, going to see another next week. Seems they looking for land to sale.

maybe things are picking up some. That be good news for all of us.

best of luck to those getting ready for that spring fishing. been some nice weather going on.

13. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Sounds like good news to me! I know my stocks have started to come back up the past couple weeks. Still got a long way to go.

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Ever notice that Bush could not do anything right for any Democrat, nothing he ever did was worth anything. And now Obama can not do anything good enough in the eyes of a Republican. Anybody else wish we could just get rid of the labels and vote for the best person for the job?

15. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It's not about a name and people do vote for who THEY think will be the best man for the job and represent THEIR beliefs and values.

The best man for the job includes alot of things. My things may be different then yours.

16. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN

I have some of the same beliefs as both sides. For example, I am pro-life (except in extreme circumstances). Does that mean that I think any republican would have been the best president just because of that? Heck no. I hold my beliefs and religion very near my heart but I do not think the president has to share all of them. Would I vote for a president that is of a different religion? Sure, as long as I think they would be the best fit for president. I vote for the president, not for my religious leader or somebody Toby Keith can sing an anthem about for certain areas of the country.

17. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    your the middle type folk

18. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill

Great post. "best man for the job" was over a long time ago. Now it's "best man to push our agendas". Who will represent our PARTY the best at the expense of the U.S... Kinda scary any way you look at it no matter who wins.

19. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I NORMALLY keep my political viewpoint to myself. NOT because I don't think it has merit.......but I've BEEN in HI. As a matter of fact, the feelings I have about THAT forum hold true here on the main board on some occasions.

I have YET to see ANY person's feeling/viewpoint CHANGED because of the "conversations" in there. I'm just as guilty as anyone ELSE of likin' to hear myself "type"; however, if you do the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER again, and you are familiar with the folks you are dealing with, what IS the point in that? I may be mistaken, but I have YET to see any MINDS changed about the subject. Max, so far THIS thread has been civil and all the folks who've participated have stated their thoughts in a humane manner. I like that. I LIKE being able to see SOMETHING here on the everyday forum of the BOC regarding politics that doesn't come down to.....

I sometimes do (or perhaps someone else does) bring the subject up in chat, which happened earlier this evening. NO ONE got all bent out of shape. NO ONE called another person a name. NO ONE acted like the world was gonna end if their point wasn't brought across.

I dunno, what I was saying wasn't the most POPULAR thing in there. Maybe having to deal with folks on more of a REAL time basis helps. It does for ME on occasion. Sometimes I wonder if the HOTheads are just WAITING to see a certain person's name at the bottom (who is viewing a thread) and THEN proceed accordingly.

In MY area, there are a FEW things which seem to be looking up. We still have a high unemployment rate, but there are other factors (some of which have already been mentioned) that are lookin' better.

NO ONE HAS to praise the president, no matter WHICH party he comes from. And maybe this ISN'T going to keep happening (a few things getting better)......I sure hope it does. I PRAY it does.

20. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Of course they do. It get's to a point where the issue hardly matters anymore. It's winning the argument and getting people riled up that becomes the focal point. Some people just like to argue. It's usually those people that lose credibility because after a while no matter what their viewpoint is, it comes across as dribble because everyone knows they just want to argue and discredit others. This place is no different than other message boards in that respect. Doesn't bother me.