Jetboil Cooking/Water Treatment System

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by Guns & Cockpits, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    I bought the Jetboil system this last year, and had the chance to finally put it to the test in the Eastern Sierra Nevadas this last week. The wife and I went backpacking through the Ansel Adams Wilderness on the John Muir trail for four days, and really put it through the rigors of outdoor life.

I'd recommend this product to anyone serious about saving space for camping and/or backpacking. 2 cups of boiling water in less than 2 minutes. Perfect for Mountainhouse meals, perfect for a nice tall cup of coffee or tea, perfect to treat creek water in a pinch.

This little dandy all fits itself into the cup, fuel and all. We boiled about 22 cups of water on one fuel canister, which was way more than I originally anticipated.

Seriously guys, great product and worth the $100 or so you'll spend on it. Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up!

2. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the tip. BTW, what was your elevation for the two-minute water boil?

-- Rich

3. Guns & Cockpits

Guns & Cockpits New Member

State:
    California
    We varied in elevation from 6500 ft. all the way on up to 11000 ft. Never took more than a little over 2 minutes, but boiling times really didn't vary that much. Even down here at sea level-ish, it's still just about 2 minutes to boil 2 cups, maybe a little bit less.